How bad is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad is it?

Does anyone leave mouse sticky traps out in your cabin or hunting abode while you’re not there?

If so, how bad is the smell when you come back a few weeks later?

It all depends on if you get one or twenty in your traps but I bet it ain’t gonna be pleasant

Comment

Depends on how fresh the kill is. Takes 10 days to 2 weeks for mice to not smell. Rats take a little longer

Comment

This might attract ants, those can be real bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Throw moth balls out around your cabin. Keeps mice/rats away.

Comment

I always left them in my camper. Caught a few.

Comment

I use them in my house for geckos and what ever, no mice.

Comment

i have a couple cats i take down every other weekend and they dont even let them get near the house.
                keep the outside mowed too

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                  Does anyone leave mouse sticky traps out in your cabin or hunting abode while you’re not there?

If so, how bad is the smell when you come back a few weeks later?
                  I leave them out at my ranch house. I have 1 spot, that I've since foamed up where they would come in.
                  It's only been mice, have caught up to 4 at a time. It's not bad at all. Alittle bit of a ammonia type smell. Smell will air out t in a few minutes.

Comment

I've caught all kinds of critters in them.....................
                    Ever seen a cat run, with one attached to their foot... ???????

Comment

I NEVER put out any glue traps at hunting camp unless I was going to be there, then took them up when I left. Hard to get rid of the funk if they are there for more than a few hours.

Comment

Just keep them alive and well fed like curtintx does. They are having a party right now in his shop while he is snoozing on the beach

Comment

Sprinkle some Tinks doe p*ss around and you won’t notice the smell of rotting rats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife likes glue traps, she has them all over the place. What we have seen over the years, is about 50% of the time, if you leave a mouse on the trap too long, they will get off of the trap and leave a few clumps of hair on the trap. You can see where they have eaten some of the cardboard and or the glue. I would assume if they eat, the glue, it would probably plug up their digestive system, so they would starve to death later on.

So far, we had had two that got on glue traps and died on the glue trap, after being on the trap for some time, we really don't know how long the mice were on the traps before, they died or we found them. But both of those cases, there was also a rat snake on the same trap. One of the snakes was dead, the mouse had bit, the snake on the head, after it got stuck on the same trap the mouse was stuck on.

Most of the mice that have gotten on traps my wife has set out, we find the next day, because of the noise they make, trying to get free. There have been some, that have gotten on a glue trap and were able to get off, before morning. Those deals, we would find the glue trap out in the middle of the floor, with fur on the trap and no mouse.

One thing we found works great for messing up mice, was coffee beans. My wife had some coffee beans in a bag, in the pantry, a mouse got into them. She discovered the hole in the bag, in the morning, then went looking for other damage done by the mouse and found the mouse in the bottom of the pantry. She closed the pantry door, and called me. I got home that evening, then went to look for the mouse. The mouse was still sitting in the same spot in the back corner of the pantry, shaking, unable to move. I don't know how long coffee beans will mess up mice or if it will actually kill them, but it will mess them up for many hours.

On the glue traps, there are some, where the glue is in plastic trays, that seems to be a bit better glue. The ones where the glue is on a thin piece of cardboard, definitely works, but of all of the mice, that have gotten off of a glue trap, got off of the cardboard traps. I still want to believe the mice that ate their way off the board, most likely died from eating the glue.

Comment

I have been using them a long time. We had a few years where dad and I neglected the ranch. When we got back on it we were infested. For a year we hit the sticky traps hard and after a few trips it really died out. Now we are lucky to get one or two every 4-5 months. I don’t like using rat bait because I don’t want them dying in the walls. Never had a big issue with ants either. Find a lot of scorpions and the occasional centipede on there. I vote yes ! Give um hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X