Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
    Great looking build on all aspects.

I do question the stock as it looks like the barrel channel is cut rather large for a 2B.?.?
    My builder actually checked that right out the gate. Luckily he had a barrel in that contour handy and was able to check since We couldn’t be 100% positive

Comment

Teaser I got a week or so ago. Can’t wait to have this thing together. Originally I was going to have the action and barrel cerekoted black but after seeing it this way I think I’ll leave it as is. And the slight color variation in the action and the barrel just screams “custom” to me.

Someone with a keen eye might notice this. That stock is meant for a Remington long action, and even though the defiance is a Remington footprint the ejection “port” I guess it is, is slightly longer than the Remington stock. So a small area will have to be smoothed off. Props to Russell for catching that at the start and warning me to make sure I was ok with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post

Teaser I got a week or so ago. Can’t wait to have this thing together. Originally I was going to have the action and barrel cerekoted black but after seeing it this way I think I’ll leave it as is. And the slight color variation in the action and the barrel just screams “custom” to me.

Someone with a keen eye might notice this. That stock is meant for a Remington long action, and even though the defiance is a Remington footprint the ejection “port” I guess it is, is slightly longer than the Remington stock. So a small area will have to be smoothed off. Props to Russell for catching that at the start and warning me to make sure I was ok with it.

Opening up that ejection port inlet on the stock is super simple. You won’t even notice he did it if he’s worth a dang.

Rifle is looking good! But that mismatched action and barrel left as is would bug me bag
        I vote paint it or just bead blast it if you like the stainless.

Comment

I figured I would see in person and if it didn’t jive with me then go from there. The slight mismatch doesn’t really bug me like it used to, seems like since guns went away from bluing and having blued scopes that nothing ever completely matches anymore, unless you have all
          of it coated together. But, no telling how I’ll feel about it until I see it in person.

Comment

Should be a nice hunting rifle. I am curious if the magazine is also longer than a stock Remington long action? If you are using a factory mag well or a aftermarket intended for a stock 700 long action, they will all most likely be the same length front to rear on the inside.
            Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 06-24-2021, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I believe we decided on a Hawkins bottom metal. I want to say the mags are all the same between the Remingtons and the clones unless it’s specifically says it’s an “extended” mag.

But I may be wrong. I’m no guru
              Last edited by SwampBuck; 06-24-2021, 07:35 AM.

Comment

My smith must have heard me talking about this thing…just got the call. Rifle is ready for pick up.
                Should get some pics today once the scope is mounted.

Decided to go with a 5-20x56 Nightforce SHV instead of the 4-14x50 SHV I had originally contemplated getting.
                Last edited by SwampBuck; 06-24-2021, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Who’s your smith?

Comment

Russel with Crossroads Precision in Victoria.
                      Been a great guy so far, very knowledgeable also.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                        Russel with Crossroads Precision in Victoria.
                        Been a great guy so far, very knowledgeable also.
                        So they also do Cerakoat? Just had a rifle built and thinning about getting it Cerakoated. Preferably locally.

Comment

He 3rd parties that part I believe.

Comment

Thank you Sir

Comment

Hunting rifle build along. Critique welcome

Well, here it is. My take on a utilitarian rifle that’ll dang near do all I will likely ever ask of it, and probably more. Very happy with the overall work and price point on this thing. Can’t wait to break it in. (And contrary to the teaser pick there isn’t any two tone going on between the action and the barrel, they match almost perfect)

Final Specs:
                              -280AI
                              -Deviance Tenacity long action
                              -Bartlien 1 in 8.7 twist barrel 2B contour 24” overall
                              -McMillan classic hunter stock.
                              -Trigger Tech special trigger
                              -Wyatts extended mag follower
                              -Remington bottom metal
                              -Larue QD rings
                              -Nightforce 5-20x56

Very happy with the work Russel with Crossroads Precision Rifles did on this thing.

Last edited by SwampBuck; 06-25-2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

That’s a good looking stick Sir!
                                Thanks for letting us follow along.

Comment

Working...
                                X