Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a trade thread for reloading components.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kong View Post
    Things have come to a screeching halt, pretty concerning if your needing reloading components….
    No joke. Really slow to stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
      Kong, what do mean in screeching halt? bullets, powder, primers, cases? You aren't getting alerts etc...?

The powder has come to a trickle at best, bullets are at a standstill due to metal shortages and brass is the same situation as the bullets. One of my best friends works for one of the major bullet manufacturers and he’s telling me it’s about to be at a major crises point like we’ve never seen before and that’s saying something with what we’ve already seen. I can’t speak on the primer situation but I think we all know how that’s been going so from what I know from first hand on the front line knowledge it’s about to get real bad. His exact words were if you see it and need it you had better pay for it if you need it or forever hold your regret. Take that for what it’s worth but in 6 months who knows what’s going to be happening….

Comment

I have been looking for bullets and found very few. I did miss some 140 ELDMs and also missed some 142 SMKs by a hair last night...just too slow on the trigger.
        Just found 2 boxes of 500 142 SMK at Blue Collar, bought one.
        They still show to have 1 box as of right now 3:33 pm.

Comment

AccuBond represents the most advanced bonded core bullet technology to date. Through a proprietary bonding process that eliminates voids in the bullet core, AccuBond marries Nosler's traditional copper-alloy jacket with its special lead-alloy core. The result is a bullet that flies true, penetrates deep, won't cause extensive barrel fouling, and will retain 60-70% of its weight. The polymer tip helps protect against deformation while initiating expansion upon impact. This is not loaded ammunition. Technical Information Caliber: 30 Bullet Diameter: 0.308 Bullet Weight: 165 Grains Bullet Length: 1.308" Bullet Style: Ballistic Tip Spitzer Boat Tail Bullet Coating: Non-Coated Ballistics Information: Sectional Density: 0.248 Ballistic Coefficient: 0.475 Optimal Performance: 1800 fps minimum

5 boxes left

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
            The powder has come to a trickle at best, bullets are at a standstill due to metal shortages and brass is the same situation as the bullets. One of my best friends works for one of the major bullet manufacturers and he’s telling me it’s about to be at a major crises point like we’ve never seen before and that’s saying something with what we’ve already seen. I can’t speak on the primer situation but I think we all know how that’s been going so from what I know from first hand on the front line knowledge it’s about to get real bad. His exact words were if you see it and need it you had better pay for it if you need it or forever hold your regret. Take that for what it’s worth but in 6 months who knows what’s going to be happening….
            Hmmmm... I had noticed a big slow down on stuff selling on forums and realized it not that things have picked up but those folks were running out of stuff they could sale I suppose. I've got about a year's? worth of stuff it I shoot very little.

Comment

I think there is a lot more 30 cal stuff out there than 6.5, which is what I have been looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                I think there is a lot more 30 cal stuff out there than 6.5, which is what I have been looking for.
                6.5 has been crazy this last year.

I waited several months for new brass, many many months for 140 ELDs, bought BR2 primers from gunbroker.com, and traded 9mm/.223 for 4350 powder.

I had materials for a couple 1000, but burn thru them weekly in my comp rifle.... and got too low for comfort.

Hard to pay 6 months in advance for match fees and not know where the 250 rounds are coming from.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                  6.5 has been crazy this last year.

I waited several months for new brass, many many months for 140 ELDs, bought BR2 primers from gunbroker.com, and traded 9mm/.223 for 4350 powder.

I had materials for a couple 1000, but burn thru them weekly in my comp rifle.... and got too low for comfort.

Hard to pay 6 months in advance for match fees and not know where the 250 rounds are coming from.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                  Where are you finding the ELDMs? I’ve put off shooting a few matches since I can’t replace the 108s and 140s that I’ve got on hand. Definitely makes it tough to sign up for a match with high round counts. I’ve been considering switching bullets in two rifles until I can find something with any availability.

Comment

Still hunting 140 grain 6.5mm accubonds! Lol

Comment

Midway just added several 6.5 bullets...bergers, lapuas, hornady.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Still hunting 140 grain 6.5mm accubonds! Lol
                        Your going to be hunting a long while I’m afraid, their non existent

Comment

Originally posted by Rswan13 View Post
                          Where are you finding the ELDMs? I’ve put off shooting a few matches since I can’t replace the 108s and 140s that I’ve got on hand. Definitely makes it tough to sign up for a match with high round counts. I’ve been considering switching bullets in two rifles until I can find something with any availability.
                          I had a backorder from Midsouth that came in a couple months ago and it got me 1k. I have been using them sparingly at matches. Shooting ELD blems and match BTHP otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                            Midway just added several 6.5 bullets...bergers, lapuas, hornady.
                            I grabbed 500 of the 140gn Hornady BTHP match. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I’ve got about 50 or so once fired .308 Lapua brass.
                              Looking for H110 or .30 Hornady Sub-x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Precision reloading has H110, 4064, bunch of powder right now

Comment

Working...
                                X