X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
      Kinda like poison. Might work, probably have adverse effects to the rest of the animals, and cost a bunch of money that those who complain about hogs won't pay anyway.
      This^^

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
        People hunting them aren't effective at controlling the population and aren't worth the liability that comes along with letting people on your land.
        I don't own enough land to consider letting others hog hunt it, but if there is that much liability attached to letting someone on your property, maybe we should be sterilizing and poisoning lawyers instead of hogs....just thinking...And you're right, if there are enough of them to be a real problem, hunting them isn't going to cure it.

Comment

The moment they realized this will also affect non target animals this should have been thrown off the table. NEXT!

Comment

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
            people that have hog problems just let people hunt them instead of complaining
            Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Then the pigs simply are not damaging the property as much as is being claimed.
            People that want to hunt hogs should buy their own property and sell hog hunts on the side to pay for said property. They will then find out that killing hogs results in hogs moving only in the wee hours of the morning when I am sleeping. Hog trapping serves to educate hogs after you have trapped a few. No amount of damage from hogs would motivate me to turn some dumbass loose on my place with a weapon. Most landowners feel that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              The moment they realized this will also affect non target animals this should have been thrown off the table. NEXT!
              They have to know that they'll never find something that kills one mammal but not others. IMO it's a scam taking tax payer funds.

Seems like they gave up trying to get carp out of our waters. They should give up on this junk also. At least maybe try with a different approach. If they're not going away maybe try to use them? Sell as food? Use the millions on slaughter houses instead of failed attempts like poison.

Comment

Watch out or you may be labeled

Most people hate hogs because they're told to and/or see it on TV...No other reason. Yes, I understand guys trying to plant crops have to battle them. Been like that for 30 years.

And did someone say the State of Texas is responsible? LOL That's a good one. Hog damage is about as over exaggerated as covid numbers are. And, yes for the 1,000th time I do own a ranch and no the hogs don't tear up much. Cattle do far more damage.

Who's responsible for letting carp in our waters?
                I would disagree

People hate them because they have a negative effect on their living. Ever tried to bale hay on a field they have been in? Guessing that would be a no.

Ever planted winter pasture and had hogs come in and graze it down, costing you around $5K just for planting (nevermind the cost of buying hay and feed to take the winter pasture's place)? Once again I bet not

Ever hit one with a car/truck? It causes lots of damage and possibly loss of life.

Is the state at fault? Partly, things could have been done years ago to get them in check or slowed down

They are an invasive/non-native species that wreaks havoc on the ecosystem. They impact wildlife by competing for food sources, destroy ground nesting birds (turkeys) and many other negative effects. They contribute to erosion and contaminate water sources also.

Glad you don't have problems with them but don't try and make out like they are not a major problem to others

Comment

I hope it don't................

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    People that want to hunt hogs should buy their own property and sell hog hunts on the side to pay for said property. They will then find out that killing hogs results in hogs moving only in the wee hours of the morning when I am sleeping. Hog trapping serves to educate hogs after you have trapped a few. No amount of damage from hogs would motivate me to turn some dumbass loose on my place with a weapon. Most landowners feel that way too.
                    Exactly!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hog damage is about as over exaggerated as covid numbers are. And, yes for the 1,000th time I do own a ranch and no the hogs don't tear up much. Cattle do far more damage.
                      Man I am glad you didn't have problems with hogs on your place. I had to hog fence 100 acres... they were tearing up the pastures something fierce. It was beginning to look like bombs were going off. Had to disc and replant. Between fencing and everything probably cost 20K so that sucked. And these were pastures with cattle on them everyday. The cattle weren't tearing up a thing other than fences which is normal. Just my experience.

Comment

They should do a trial run on Democrats to make sure it’s effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          3 things....

1. How do we get rattlesnakes to eat it?

2. Why hasn't this been made for mosquitoes?

3. Can we put this out in communities for human consumption? I think it can help with future election cycles.

This!!! For the win!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            I have the opposite experience. When we start killing hogs they go nocturnal and then we hunt them at night. Shortly afterwards, they move out to where there is no human pressure, like your place. If a smart property owner is getting nailed by hogs, then they should hunt them, or let others hunt/trap them with a signed release of liability waiver. But, your place will be a refuge for the surviving piggies.

Comment

Can we get this introduced into soy lattes and vegan burgers?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                I have the opposite experience. When we start killing hogs they go nocturnal and then we hunt them at night. Shortly afterwards, they move out to where there is no human pressure, like your place. If a smart property owner is getting nailed by hogs, then they should hunt them, or let others hunt/trap them with a signed release of liability waiver. But, your place will be a refuge for the surviving piggies.
                                Been there and done that. They were easy to kill at 8/9 pm until we killed a few, then they started running at 2/4 am. That’s when I’m asleep ! I’m tired of killing the stinking bastages, it ain’t fun to me anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X