No announcement yet.

Jack Carr latest book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His podcast and every podcast he’s been on is worth a listen.

Comment

Just finished the first book in the series, The Terminal List. Wow!

This book would have been gripping even if it had been entirely fictional. The fact that it loosely (but obviously) references real events and the real people involved in them, provokes serious consternation and consideration on the part of the reader who is simultaneously observing current events as they continue to unfold.

Highly recommend!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
        Anybody finished it yet? I’m halfway through. No spoilers!!!
        Finished it last week. A little disappointed. Didn’t think It was near as good as any of the first 3. The next one should be great however.

Comment

Just finished it, not disappointed at all.

Comment

Warning. Maybe spoiler, alert

Who's on True Believer or already read it? Question. The CIA training facility Reece was at early in the book, location is redacted. Why? Who redacts that stuff? Later in the book Freddy mentions the facility is in Morocco, and that mention isnt redacted...

Comment

Savage Son, note on redaction. Carr says the redaction process is kinda silly. Says it's a first ammendment issue and the redactions aren't necessary, but, the redactions are included nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                Warning. Maybe spoiler, alert

Who's on True Believer or already read it? Question. The CIA training facility Reece was at early in the book, location is redacted. Why? Who redacts that stuff? Later in the book Freddy mentions the facility is in Morocco, and that mention isnt redacted...

He was on a Jocko podcast and mentioned he had to submit all of the books for review by the government. He also stated the items that were redacted are public knowledge if you dig deep enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just finished Savage Son. Excellent story. Got to the end and immediately ordered book #4, The Devil’s Hand. Can’t remember the last time I spent $14.99 (ouch!) on a Kindle eBook, but they’re that good.

Comment

I felt like book 4 was a rehash of an old tom clancy book with the same topic. Even the bad guys weapon development techniques were **** near identical. Just a little too predictable. But still better than most crap you could be reading.

Comment

Finished the first three Jack Carr books and, other than a few tedious descriptions of the firearms and munitions used as well as the gratuitous sex scenes, the series is an excellent read.

I am awaiting book #4 (although it may already be out) and highly recommend them to those of you who, for whatever reason, have been waiting to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Finished the first three Jack Carr books and, other than a few tedious descriptions of the firearms and munitions used as well as the gratuitous sex scenes, the series is an excellent read.

I am awaiting book #4 (although it may already be out) and highly recommend them to those of you who, for whatever reason, have been waiting to pull the trigger.
                        Says the lady who asked if it was 50 shades of gray!!!

Terminal List was exhilarating. Almost couldn’t put it down. True Believer was a much slower pace, especially the 1st half of the book

Comment

Working...
                        X