Tint law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Huge difference and way worth it. I even have clear ceramic on my windshield plus a 5% brow. Major difference. I tried to get em to do my front door windows darker than legal but not by much and they wouldn’t haha.
    This. The money spent is well worth it. The comfort added is well worth it.

Comment

Attaboy!

Serious. Got it on my truck, my wife’s Acadia and my commuter car. The truck is the only one with the windshield done.
      Get the rest of them done!! I drive a lot. Lots of long road trips, through the desert SW. I am not sure how I made it this long without the windshield coating.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        Get the rest of them done!! I drive a lot. Lots of long road trips, through the desert SW. I am not sure how I made it this long without the windshield coating.
        My commuter I’m only in early morning and late evening. Might on my wife’s though.

Comment

So just about every tint installer should have ceramic as an option? Trophy how much more are we talking about regarding price? 25%, 50%?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            Totally understand from cops point as well. I was always concerned that someone was in the back seat with a sawed off shotgun pointing at me at 1:00 am when pulling someone over. Like I said earlier I’ve seen a ton of vehicles here in Katy that are so dark I can barely make out the driver.
            Knowing Katy PD, they will probably use it to pull you over. They do a great job, but really need to focus on speeders a little more. It’s getting ridiculous.

Comment

So just about every tint installer should have ceramic as an option? Trophy how much more are we talking about regarding price? 25%, 50%?
              It’s been awhile since I had normal tint. But ceramic cost me $300-350 if I recall including the brow. Windshield was $150 extra. Solar Pro in Round Rock did them. I didn’t go with the cheapest option. They had some that was sorta like limo. Appears darker than it is from the outside looking in so I went with that. I can’t stand not seeing my trailer or gates at the ranch at night. I forget the brand I went with. Lifetime warranty though.

Comment

as long as law enforcement vehicles abide by the same law, I've notice that there are several in the permian that look blacked out.

Comment

We’re off of1463 and the speed limit is 30! Don’t forget it! 30 in the whole city of K town. Great group of guys at Katy p d. Know several. They won’t tolerate any shenanigans that’s for sure.

Comment

I’ve got pretty dang dark tint and have never had an issue with the law... but I don’t drive like an A hole either.

Comment

It’s been awhile since I had normal tint. But ceramic cost me $300-350 if I recall including the brow. Windshield was $150 extra. Solar Pro in Round Rock did them. I didn’t go with the cheapest option. They had some that was sorta like limo. Appears darker than it is from the outside looking in so I went with that. I can’t stand not seeing my trailer or gates at the ranch at night. I forget the brand I went with. Lifetime warranty though.
                      Thanks T. 3-350.00 sounds reasonable.

Comment

I had 5% on the back window and 30% on the sides. It was great except backing up at night.

Comment

I went with 25% sides and 15% on the back window. I haven't driven it in the dark yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                            as long as law enforcement vehicles abide by the same law, I've notice that there are several in the permian that look blacked out.
                            Police vehicles are exempt from that law.

For what it’s worth...

Comment

Each states limits. Oklahoma and Texas about as dark as allowed.
                              https://www.raynofilm.com/blog/autom...-laws-by-state

Comment

Is the tint law still enforced? I’ve literally seen vehicles that I can’t see driver at all. Only reason I’m asking is because I’d like to go a little darker on the front Na myself. Yalls take?
                                In Bryan there is a cop that will pull you over for it in a heart beat... but his POV has that "5% tint all up on his window" as slim thug would say...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X