Ski trip cut a little short...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski trip cut a little short...

We spent the week in Crested Butte skiing, and after keeping an eye on the weather at home, we decided to point my truck south a day early. Just my mother in law, my daughter, and me. Everyone else flew (no fun). We made a short drive down to Santa Fe Friday afternoon, with the intent of meeting my folks in Kerrville to pick up my 2 year old son on the way. Well, after my folks had gone 2 days without power in Doss, they decided to drive to my house yesterday. Unfortunately, I-10 never cleared up, so we headed to Ft. Stockton, then Sanderson, del Rio, and made it to my house in Needville at 3:10 this morning. 19 hours with my 4 year old daughter, who was an absolute soldier. The drive was sketchy, to say the least, but wow. It was amazing to see God and Mother Nature’s power. I’ve never even imagined seeing such widespread ice and frozen trees. Looked like Elsa herself had frozen the entire world. Anyhow, it was an awesome trip, and I’m glad we made the drive. 6 hours Friday, 19 hours today. Thankful to be home safe.

Leaving CB

Hwy 114 south of Gunnison

Encino, NM

Filling up in Fort Stockton

I sure miss hunting muley’s in Sanderson

My trooper finally fell asleep after 9 hours on the road

Home sweet home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow what a trip glad you had no trouble. 19 hours on icy roads will drain you!

Comment

Glad y’all made it home safe.

Comment

Man, long day in those driving conditions. Glad y’all made it no issues.

Comment

With your mother in law? You must have done a no no.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            With your mother in law? You must have done a no no.
            That's what I was thinking, or he has the coolest mother in law on earth...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s the exact route I will be heading to avoid I10 when I leave Orla Tx Monday morning. Ft Stockton Del Rio SA, Austin. How were the roads through there.

Comment

Glad y’all made it safely. Thanks for the pics.

Comment

epic... glad you made it home safely...

Comment

Nice pictures, glad you had a safe trip.

Comment

Wow. What a trip/adventure. Cool pics.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

What a trip. Glad yall made it back safely. My son's in angel fire. He just called saying all flights are cancelled. Trying to figure out how to get home as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                          That's what I was thinking, or he has the coolest mother in law on earth...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My MIL is actually a lot of fun. We both enjoy driving to Colorado every year. The rest of the fam is too uppity & impatient.

Comment

Just heard from my sons. They finally made it home after a 25 hour drive from Jackson Hole. Said it was winter driving conditions the whole way.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                              My MIL is actually a lot of fun. We both enjoy driving to Colorado every year. The rest of the fam is too uppity & impatient.

Perfect, that’s how it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X