LEM vs Weston vs Cabela's Carnivore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am partial to the Cabelas 1HP
    This...it's a great grinder and at an affordable price.

Comment

I have not had any experience with the Cabela's brand but have used LEM grinders and stuffers for years. One thing I like about them is you can go to their website and find a full array of replacement parts.

Comment

I have the LEM #12 and it is well worth the money.

Comment

From what I can decipher, the Carnivore was a great choice in the past, but maybe less so now,,,,
          I am going with a LEM. No more than I do, or plan on doing, the 12 should work for me just fine.
          Thanks all!
          I am in the meat processing biz and am used to using bigger Hobart, Weiler, butcher boy, etc. with anywhere from 5" grinding plate in testing to 11" (over 1000 lbs a minute) in production but have not done much with these tiny table top models.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Did you intentionally leave out Hobart? They are a big name in the restaurant business with all types and levels of food processing equipment.
            No, have used Hobart at work, great equipment.
            I have always associated them with the bigger, floor models that are bigger / more expensive than I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I am partial to the Cabelas 1HP but we do more meat than you do. I wouldn't go with anything less than the 3/4HP on any of them. When you get a nice grinder you find other things to grind or use it for.... There are several attachments that make it useful elsewhere. Nobody has ever said "my grinder is way too big. Wish I would have got smaller." Go big or go home.
              Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
                No, have used Hobart at work, great equipment.
                I have always associated them with the bigger, floor models that are bigger / more expensive than I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
                  From what I can decipher, the Carnivore was a great choice in the past, but maybe less so now,,,,
                  I am going with a LEM. No more than I do, or plan on doing, the 12 should work for me just fine.
                  Thanks all!
                  I am in the meat processing biz and am used to using bigger Hobart, Weiler, butcher boy, etc. with anywhere from 5" grinding plate in testing to 11" (over 1000 lbs a minute) in production but have not done much with these tiny table top models.
                  Can you please give your impressions of the LEM?

thanks.

Comment

Originally wanted the Cabelas Carnivore due to reviews. However, they have basically been unavailable due to the fact that they are made in China. Can not get them. So we settled on the LEM Big bite #8 and we absolutely love it. Have probably grinded about 100 lbs of meat with zero issues. Last week we grinded 30lbs of meat in 6.5 mins. No lie, true story. It’s a 0.5 Horsepower and we love it .

Comment

I have used a 220V commercial grinder my entire life up until I bought a 1HP carnivore off the classifieds. It does a great job. I have not used the stuffing attachment yet but plan to do so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt_4_Life View Post
                        Can you please give your impressions of the LEM?

thanks.
                        will be making a couple hundred lbs of sausage this coming weekend. Will let you know after that,

Comment

Lem!!!

Comment

lem

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            I love my LEM. Get the biggest they got, it's worth it.
                            This
                            I love my LEM! ive done a couple Nilgai,Tons of hogs and deer ever year!!!! Get the foot pedal also!!!!!!!

Comment

I have a Weston 1.5hp. No need to grind twice. It will do a 20 pound brisket in about 2 minutes. Clean up is easy. I think it grinds 520 pounds an hour. Paid $260 for it new. We have done 2 deer, 5 pigs and 3 briskets with it this year.

Comment

I have the Cabela's .75hp and it's great, can't feed it fast enough. Use it way more than I anticipated we would. All are good options as is Made With Meat

Comment

Working...
                                X