trailer floor 2x6 or 2x8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trailer floor 2x6 or 2x8

2x6's or 2x8's for a 16 x 5 cattle trailer floor. Price works out to about the same. What say the green screen?

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    2x6's or 2x8's for a 16 x 5 cattle trailer floor. Price works out to about the same. What say the green screen?
    General rule is to go as narrow as you can afford to.

Comment

Just make sure you use treated both would work.

If you are running them cross way then use 8" long way on each side to hold them together

Comment

Yes, they will be crossways.

Comment

Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Comment

2x6 with cattle panel on top for traction

Comment

I used to redo trailers and stock trailers are usually 2x8 cross ways. 2x6 running down the edge if needed. 1 in the middle if it is an extra wide or long trailer.

Comment

Make it tight because they will shrink

Comment

You need to leave some space between boards so you can wash it out .
                  If it was me I would leave at least a inch between each board

Comment

Getting ready to refloor a 16 ft and 10 ft and was thinking of 2x12. But I have never done this before, curious why the smaller the better?

Comment

Originally posted by John Paul View Post
                      Getting ready to refloor a 16 ft and 10 ft and was thinking of 2x12. But I have never done this before, curious why the smaller the better?
                      Lease warping on utility trailers I have no experience with stock trailers.

Comment

Oh, that makes since. Thanks.

Comment

The smaller 2x6 2x8 if one breaks then not as a big of chance of cow foot falling through

Comment

Originally posted by clay4626 View Post
                            You need to leave some space between boards so you can wash it out .
                            If it was me I would leave at least a inch between each board
                            You serious, Clark?

Comment

Working...
                            X