Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mountain Creek Hunting Club near Medina - Feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a member of Mountain Creek Ranches. I will not be signing up again, but I will tell you that this place is ok outside of deer season. They cram a bunch of hunters on and they all show up during deer season and for the most part go home empty handed. I started going up when no one was there and I had the whole place to myself. I shot a great hog off of the place, with 4 inch cutters. This was during deer season, but I never did see a deer. I hunted their Disney Land for Axis place. Saw a doe, nothing else. The "guide" shot a spike buck. I set up a game camera and got pics of lots of hogs, Elk, Turkey's, and a couple of great bucks(my opinion). Now with that said, I will not join them again (this was about 4 years ago). Way more than 65 people, I was told more like 2xtimes that amount. You can only hunt outside deer season if you want to see something. For $1300 I will go anywhere else.

Comment

Not again

Member for a year and never saw a blackbuck, a sika, an elk,a hog, a moufflon, an aoudad, saw a few axis when driving around Bandera County on Hwy 46, 6, 337, 2828 and 173 they were dead probably killed by car or truck. Saw a few small whitetail bucks and does. Avoid Texas Mountain Creek Hunting Club, they do not have 3300 acres, what they have is 7 small ranches spread out in Medina and Bandera. On opening day they have more than 50 hunters... it was a terrible and dangerous experience. They call themself a Club, they do not have a membership roster and they do not give you references. I check with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and Texas Mountain Creek Hunting Club is not registered as a corporation. I will check with IRS. Debby Upchurch took my money and never saw her again, Gary runs the show in his little very old Toyota truck... but now he is driving a big white truck registered under the name of Debby R Upchuch.
      I will investigate farther their operation.

Comment

Saw really great whitetail in July/Aug while Axis hunting (never saw an Axis) and that was it. Had one shot on a whitetail doe while bowhunting but nothing any other time. Could have been due to weather or the fact that they WAY oversold the place. Either way, I did not renew my lease. In fact, actually had a couple days left that I just gave up on.

Comment

Don't do it, it is a scam.

Comment

i feel for it a few years ago it was awful

Comment

I second that!!!!

I got taken by this place too,DON'T DO IT!!!!
              The guy taking us out to the blinds was drunk early in the am and reeked of alcohol when he picked us up. We were on to his scam and funny thing was he knew it and picked us up after everyone else... I will never go back there adn they advertise in the Houston Chronicle as well. Save your $$$$

Comment

Thank god for TBH.....A friend and I were going to get on

Comment

Don't do it!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Hunter View Post
                    Anyone have info about a hunting club called Mountain Creek? Supposedly it is 3300 acres, can have up to 65 members. It's 850/gun for 15 days or 1400/30 days. Low fenced. Supposed to have blackbuck, sika, axis, moufflon, aoudad, WT, turkey, hogs. Stands and feeders placed - don't have to buy corn. Apparently it's spread out across a couple of ranches their may be a small tropy fee in some of the areas to hunt. Anyway, I was thinking about joining. Any feedback at all would be very helpful. Don't want to get caught in a bad deal. Thanks in advance.
                    It is scam? Don't do it, do you believe that for $850 a year you are going to see and kill exotic animals ?

Comment

It is scam. Do you believe that for $850 you are going to see all those exotic animals ? Don't do it, I did it and all I saw white tails very small ones, they do not have 3K acres, would you believe less than 400 and they belong to different ranchers that sub lease the space to them? It is dangerous , check with Bandera Chamber of Commerce, you will be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Manuel Barrios View Post
                        It is scam. Do you believe that for $850 you are going to see all those exotic animals ? Don't do it, I did it and all I saw white tails very small ones, they do not have 3K acres, would you believe less than 400 and they belong to different ranchers that sub lease the space to them? It is dangerous , check with Bandera Chamber of Commerce, you will be surprised.
                        850 they got us for 1500 a person a few years back..all the "exotic" ranches where always washed out never even saw a deer there Ken and Debbie...smh

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the input from everyone. I saw the ad in the paper and just knew it was too good to be true.

Comment

Do not do it, it is a scam, they are under investigatio.

Comment

Ken and Debbie got several if us a few years back also. Like 8 of us joined and man did we learn a lesson. Although one of us shot a nice 10 point.

Comment

Well....you just never know when you “Search”. This place sure has toned down despite what we say . I would like to hunt around Medina texas again. If anybody has any good intel. Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X