Texas Trophy Hunters Association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Trophy Hunters Association

How many are members of TTHA? What do you like about it? What do you wish they would do differently? Would you like more additional perks on hunting gear?

Wait!!! Let me go get me some popcorn... This could be good!!

Comment

I stopped subscribing years ago, it became a magazine full of deer breeder ads and high dollar/high fence "hunts". Not my cup of tea.

Comment

Nothing but an advertising agency.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I looked forward to getting every magazine back in the day as a kid. Haven't looked at one in 10-12 years I bet because of what it slowly transitioned to. Not even sure if pops is still a member.

Comment

A buddy of mine described it best when he called it “deer p*rn”, there is nothing natural about that magazine and all the racks are fake.

Comment

A Joke!

Comment

we were the same way loved the magazine then and its been years ago they had an article about how they raised this deer then decided to kill it with a bow ,went and bought a bow shot it a few times then let the buck out of the small pen into the big 300 acre pen and shot him .We cancelled our subscription right then and never got it back !

Comment

I'm the same as everyone above. Mid to late 90's as a teenager I loved it. Loved seeing those classic looking south Texas deer along with others from all over the state.

I'll flip through it now at the store and it doesn't really interest me.

Comment

If you like ads, and ranches u can't afford.This is your mag!

Comment

I am the same as most above, used to wait at the mailbox for it. We used to send our pictures in to them and they would put them in the back. I even wrote an article about public hunting on the Chap one year (1998?) and they published it with some awesome pictures. The articles written by common Texas folks and common Texas hunting is what I miss about the magazine. Back then the ad's were useful. There weren't too many. I may have actually been able to afford something in the magazine back then.

I am sure some people feel about it the same way I used to. I see it as a catalog. The pictures are professional quality. The majority of the deer are genetically enhanced monsters. To each their own. I don't have anything to do with it anymore and I am sure they don't miss little ole me!!!

Comment

It's just a published rag of an organization that has done more to harm deer hunting in Texas than any other single thing, ever! They are the reason everyone jumps on a guy for posting up a nice young buck he killed that should have "given him 3 more years", or "what a shame to shoot that deer"... Wanna know why deer leases are $12-$20/acre and up... TTHA...
                        They flat ruined deer hunting for the average guy in Texas... No different that BASS has almost made it a crime to catch a bass and fillet it... CCA's gettin' that way with trout n reds....

All these organizations had a good start and purpose, but just like trade unions, they've outlived their usefulness and gone completely overboard...
                        OK, Off my soapbox now... Y'all carry on...

Comment

A lot of bashing here. Some still have not gotten over the cartoon that they posted many years ago.

They have changed some in recent years and have reduced the number of deer breeder ads. There are still a few but it is not every other page like it was at one time.

Just about every issue lately will contain a story from one of our members on here. One issue had five or six stories from our members in the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
                            If you like ads, and ranches u can't afford.This is your mag!
                            almost like those other magazines I always waited for as a kid.

Its not the same as it once was. 4-5 pages for the little guy and rest too high end places for guys who want to spend big money for a big deer to hang on the office wall to brag over. They care nothing about putting the work in to get a place going and just plain enjoying the brotherhood of a deer camp

Like Charlie said, CCA is getting the same way, DU's mag is toast also. It ALL boils down to the almighty dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post

Just about every issue lately will contain a story from one of our members on here. One issue had five or six stories from our members in the same issue.

Again, good marketing for them. Post a few storys from people who are members of an 80,000 member hunting group.

I ain't mad at the TTHA. Like others said, they are no different than most other organizations now days.

Comment

Working...
                              X