Truck was STOLEN! New Ford F150 or 250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck was STOLEN! New Ford F150 or 250?

I HATE THIEVES. They got me yesterday in broad daylight directly in front of my customer's office (Schlumberger). Broke in, disabled location services on Onstar, and drove off in less than 2 minutes. I have video but it doesn't matter because Onstar was kind enough to send me an email that my engine and transmission were being removed last night. She gone!

So now I'm in the market for a truck. I've always wanted a Super Duty but not sure if I want to go back to an Ecoboost F150 or SD. The only thing I really tow would be a camper trailer but I would like to haul it around more on some getaways.

With that being said, what are some of the things I should be considering or questions to ask? I've never owned a diesel. Thanks in advance!

Also, are there any Ford partners here that could cut me a good deal. I'm in Katy but would make a drive for the right price.

Comment

That really sucks

pretty nice of Onstar to give you the heads up on your engine and tranny being parted out

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
        That really sucks

pretty nice of Onstar to give you the heads up on your engine and tranny being parted out
        Yeah they also gave me a heads up email that it was being stolen too. No call, didn’t shut it down, just a courtesy email.

Comment

As someone that went from a 150 to a 250 I will tell you good luck with your decision! I love my 250 on the weekends and when I'm pulling anything, but I miss my 150 every day during the week cruising around town and calling on customers.

I still don't pull significant loads so if I had to do it over again I would have probably gone back with a 150 Ecoboost. Hope this helps.

Comment

Insurance covering it all right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
              As someone that went from a 150 to a 250 I will tell you good luck with your decision! I love my 250 on the weekends and when I'm pulling anything, but I miss my 150 every day during the week cruising around town and calling on customers.

I still don't pull significant loads so if I had to do it over again I would have probably gone back with a 150 Ecoboost. Hope this helps.
              Thanks for the insight!

Comment

Skip the Eco and go with the 5.0. Your welcome!

Comment

Dammit.
                  It sucks that we pay for a tracking system, anti theft devices and insurance yet the thieves get around all of it.
                  I'm all for fair trials and rehabilitation when possible but folks like that are just scum that will never be a productive member of society. When caught they need to be excised from the land of the living.

Comment

I went from F150 to F350 to pull a camper. I can say I am now the owner of a GMC Gasser. I will never go Diesel again. JMO.
                    I can pull my camper just fine with my 3/4 ton GMC gasser.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Dammit.
                      It sucks that we pay for a tracking system, anti theft devices and insurance yet the thieves get around all of it.
                      I'm all for fair trials and rehabilitation when possible but folks like that are just scum that will never be a productive member of society. When caught they need to be excised from the land of the living.
                      Agreed. Schlumberger is a gun-free zone so they know the worst that can happen is they get run off. Might be different if they thought they were putting their lives at risk for it. That's the only reason I didn't have a gun in the truck because I knew I was going to their office so I left it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
                        I went from F150 to F350 to pull a camper. I can say I am now the owner of a GMC Gasser. I will never go Diesel again. JMO.
                        I can pull my camper just fine with my 3/4 ton GMC gasser.
                        What specifically pushed you away from diesel?

Comment

Been a cop 16 years. Fords are super easy to steal. Have seen it literally 100s of times. The thieves have now found ways to bypass ecm in newer chevys and are stealing them

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                            Been a cop 16 years. Fords are super easy to steal. Have seen it literally 100s of times. The thieves have now found ways to bypass ecm in newer chevys and are stealing them
                            I think my first post was misleading. This was a 2018 Chevy 1500 that was supposed to be my son's when he starts driving (he picked it out). I've always owned Fords and that's why I said I'm thinking about going back to a Ford.

Comment

I have a 150 and 250.
                              I pull a 36ft contender and ranch stuff. So that's where the 250 comes into play.

I like the 150 for every day driving tho. If you aren't pulling anything that needs the 250, I wouldn't get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X