Best source for angle iron or square tubing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best source for angle iron or square tubing

I am about to buy myself a welder to tinker with and I was curious where a good source is for square tubing and angle iron? Thanks in advance!

Just look up your closest steel supply yard.
    In San Antonio I use PMI Steel and sometimes Alamo.
    Often they have cut pieces that you can look through if you don't need full sticks.
    Angle comes in 20' pieces and square tubing is usually 24'. You can also have them cut it for you in any lengths, I believe they charge $1 per cut.

Comment

metal scrap/recycling yard

Comment

I'd also look into local fab shops to see if you can buy their cut pieces. I to benefits them and you if you do that. I'm in Beaumont, but PM me if you want some contacts.

Comment

I would hit up the local scrapyards. If I have a small project and just need a couple of pieces i usually look there first. They are cents on the dollar cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Triple S here in Houston. Check out their scrap yard first. Lots of cheap steel in the yard - but you never know what will be out there. If they don't have what you want outside, go to the counter and they can set you up with whatever you need.

Comment

Triple S

Comment

Brookshire Steel

Comment

DDM in Brenham

Comment

I use triple S Steel or Rose Metals... both scrap and new. New is always triple S.

Comment

I’m also in Katy and the closest I found to sell small orders was Rose Steel.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Picking up a Hobart Handler 140 so I'm anxious to start learning. Need to make a couple of firewood stands, repairs to a protein feeder, and anything else I can get into.

Comment

Originally posted by horseshoo View Post
                          Triple S
                          Originally posted by JES View Post
                          Brookshire Steel
                          I've bought a bunch from both of these places.

Comment

Delta Steel is another option. They have Houston and San Antonio locations and are a service center so they can cut to length, bore, etc for most sizes. They are going to be similar to Triple S, O'Neil, PMI, etc already mentioned.

Word of caution, call around and get pricing from a few places before you buy. There can be huge differences in price for small orders and the price is always changing.

Comment

Working...
                            X