Questioning my faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questioning my faith

I've always went to church and had faith in God but recently I have begun questioning my beliefs. I feel terrible but I can't help it. Some things in the Bible just do not add up. Im not the type of person to talk to family or friends about this kind of stuff and I wouldn't dare tell my wife or kids I'm having trouble. I wouldn't want them to worry about me. Has anyone went through what I'm going through ? I

Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the assurance of things hoped for and a conviction of things unseen.

Questioning your faith is part of being human. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more.

JD

Comment

Iron sharpens iron...which passages you struggling with?

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
        I've always went to church and had faith in God but recently I have begun questioning my beliefs. I feel terrible but I can't help it. Some things in the Bible just do not add up. Im not the type of person to talk to family or friends about this kind of stuff and I wouldn't dare tell my wife or kids I'm having trouble. I wouldn't want them to worry about me. Has anyone went through what I'm going through ? I
        Yes we go thru this. How much time do you spend studying the Bible? Not talking about sitting in Church on Sunday morning but actually studying it? What kind of relationship do you have with your pastor? If you have one I suggest you meet with him and discuss what you think isn't "adding up".

Or, post on here what you're having issue with and I bet you get some responses.

Or, pm me what you think isn't adding up and we can discuss it, who knows, I might have questioned the same things you are.

Prayer up for you

Comment

I’m not aware of a single passage in the Bible that has been proven incorrect.

Comment

Of course I have.

Life's walk of faith is kinda like a graph of the stock market, as silly as that may seem. You start at the Great Depression, and begin the journey of climbing out of that deep valley. There are peaks along the way. There are valleys along the way. But the long term trend is gradual growth. Growing in knowledge and understanding of biblical text is key.

Have you ever read "The Bible in a Year?"

Comment

Brother, I have been there. If you have any questions, just like others I will be glad to help. Pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
                Is it your faith or is it something else ? Personal issues making you doubt your faith ?

Comment

I would like to see some examples of the passages proven incorrect in the bible I have never seen one

Comment

Are you questioning your faith or your belief in God?
                    Having been filled with the Holy Spirit it is impossible for me to question God's reality, but I can question my level of faith especially when times are a little trying.
                    The spirit is strong but the flesh is weak.
                    Many who believed did not see those things come to fruition in those verses about faith and so it is today. There is nothing new under the sun.
                    ......Lord I pray your Holy Spirit and the joy of the Lord over this young man today that he will begin to see again and to hear again in the name of Jesus. Amen

Comment

I have always been able to open the Bible and find any random verse that will help.
                      The book has a way of opening the right scripture every time.
                      It’s like an interactive life book.
                      Always put your faith in God and he will guide you.

Comment

I don't have much to add to the sentiments above.

God is GREAT. He is always near. Footsteps man, Footsteps.

Comment

A faith that doesn't ask questions, sometimes really hard questions is a dying faith. It's the only way you will ever get to know Him better. Many of the most prominent biblical figures doubted and questioned things and that gives me comfort.

God can handle your toughest questions and doubt. He just wants you to bring them to Him and not hold them inside. You might be surprised what gets revealed.

As for not telling your family. Been there. I can tell you that letting my family know that I have questions and don't "have it all figured out" was hugely beneficial. You can teach your kids a lot by letting them see you struggle and more importantly, search for the answers.

Comment

Easier just to keep your head down and move forward.

You either have the Faith or you don't. If you start thinking about the Bible logically, you will not like the outcome. Neither will your Family.

Comment

I have before. My issue was always that I am a very logical person and it was hard for me to see the logic in it. I did a little researching and was able to find the logic to go with the faith.
                              It sounds to me that you haven’t lost your faith or you wouldn’t feel terrible about. Try doing some independent research to prove it wrong. If you can’t then that feeling you have is faith.

Comment

Working...
                              X