No announcement yet.

Deer Eating My Garden. Can I kill em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High fence your yard once the deer get in. Then you don’t have to worry about the deer getting into the neighbors yard to die. Then you can sell hunts to pay for the fence. Win-win Situation!

Comment

Call Buck Medley

Comment

If they are in your garden , is that considered harvesting them or killing them?..

Comment

Kill them

Comment

Put up NO TRESSPASSING signs, paint the fence post tops purple, and post explosive testing in progress signs.
            Place shooting targets in garden and practice on a tannerite mound. If they die from shock, well then, it's their own dang fault. Oh, and you may want to put signs up in Spanish as well to cover all your bases!

Comment

Whack him! But we will need pics of these culprits.

Comment

Big bore Airgun during rifle season. Head shot only!!

Comment

Forgiveness/permission?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    2/3 of an acre and that joker will get out of your yard for sure.
                    Between my son and I we have shot 12 deer over the past 4 years on a 1 acre lot. 8 have died within my property lines. Not an issue where I'm hunting though. Throw a big enough broadhead through them, and they fall pretty quick.

Comment

If it’s hunting season, you’re on private property, and not discharging a firearm within city limits, what would be illegal about it?

Comment

You can as long as you clean it in a Walmart parking lot.

Comment

It's best for tracking to shoot it at night since the temps are cooler, and your neighbor is less likely to be awake when you drag it off of his back porch where it dies.

Also, don't wait too long, it will be legal in just a few days.

Comment

Guys saying it’s legal. Don’t get this guy in trouble. 15 years ago I would say no problem. Chances of someone seeing this are high in a neighborhood. It is illegal to shoot bows in most cities or etj. LE will have their hands tied and will pursue charges to the fullest. External pressure would be substantial. I could also see charges such as deadly conduct being looked at.
                            Texas cities of today have a lot of left influence. Media would jump all over this.

OP- it could end up being cheaper to buy a trophy hunt in the end. No telling what legal fees would be if it turned out bad and turned into a high profile public interest case

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                              Throw a big enough broadhead through them, and they fall pretty quick.
                              Oh is that how hunting works? Thanks for letting us know!

Comment

I'd be surprised if there isn't an ordinance saying you can't even shoot a bow in the city limits.

You're not the first person to think of this and I'm sure somebody has caused a stink about it in the past. You'll have to look at city ordinances to see if you can legally do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X