Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to get rid of dogs running around the ranch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    When dogs pack up they are worse than any predator. They don't have to be feral either. They can be pets during the day and killers at night.

Legal way is to get the law involved, no protection for you if all they are doing is harassing or even killing wildlife.
    Now if you have goats, calves, chickens etc you have a legal leg to stand on but you may need to have proof
    ^^^^
    This

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
      Shake a can of pea gravel at the dogs...it will scare them away and also attract deer. Win/win
      ^^^^^^ He said pea gravel.

Comment

.. I've tried being nice and getting local law enforcement involved .. not really a priority. I trapped them and took them to the nearest Dog pound..

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          When dogs pack up they are worse than any predator. They don't have to be feral either. They can be pets during the day and killers at night.

Legal way is to get the law involved, no protection for you if all they are doing is harassing or even killing wildlife.
          Now if you have goats, calves, chickens etc you have a legal leg to stand on but you may need to have proof
          But once you get the law involved, and the law does nothing, you can't really do the other options. They will know it was you at that point.

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
          ^^^^^^ He said pea gravel.
          At least he didn't offer to hump the dogs until they peed.

Comment

M44 cyanide device Not sure where you get them though

Comment

Last season I had dogs showing up on our cameras. Deer sightings went down a bunch. One morning I could hear them really barking a lot in one area. I sent a text to the land owner & right after heard his truck start. About 15 minutes later the shooting started. The dogs were on the neighbors property. Had the guys goats cornered in the barn & were killing them. No more dogs after that & the deer sightings went up a bunch in a week.

Comment

Sss

Comment

Originally posted by darralld View Post
                  Last season I had dogs showing up on our cameras. Deer sightings went down a bunch. One morning I could hear them really barking a lot in one area. I sent a text to the land owner & right after heard his truck start. About 15 minutes later the shooting started. The dogs were on the neighbors property. Had the guys goats cornered in the barn & were killing them. No more dogs after that & the deer sightings went up a bunch in a week.
                  So the OP should buy a goat. Chain it up and hunt deer within sight of it.. Only to protect his goat investment.

Comment

Just take care of business without all the drama of a thread on it.
                    Last edited by tps7742; 09-17-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Trap them and hump them till they pee to show them who is the alpha....they will leave!

Comment

In case anyone is wondering or cares, It can be Felony Animal Cruelty to kill someone's dog that is not Harming People/Pets/Livestock. While some may think a dog spooking their deer (or any wildlife) is a justified killing, Legally it is NOT.

Also, Poison doesn't care what it kills. Don't know why people would introduce poison into their hunting environment.

Comment

if don't have collars i have no problem whacking!!! collar i wouldnt...

Comment

Ol’Roy + tannerite

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                                X