Something on my oak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something on my oak

Can anyone tell me what this is that’s decided to take up residence on my tiny oak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"They are galls caused by the trees reaction to insects laying their eggs in the leaves. The tree's tissues expand and grow around the developing egg and the resulting larvae that feeds on the plant tissue before emerging as an adult. The galls may not be aesthetically attractive but they are not especially deleterious to the trees. There is really no way to "treat" them since the insect is safely ensconced within the gall and won't be reached by any insecticide. "

Comment

Oak galls

Comment

My oak is like that too. But my balls are hairy. Fuzzy like. Mmm

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          "They are galls caused by the trees reaction to insects laying their eggs in the leaves. The tree's tissues expand and grow around the developing egg and the resulting larvae that feeds on the plant tissue before emerging as an adult. The galls may not be aesthetically attractive but they are not especially deleterious to the trees. There is really no way to "treat" them since the insect is safely ensconced within the gall and won't be reached by any insecticide. "

https://www.wildflower.org/expert/show.php?id=9851
          Good info. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
            My oak is like that too. But my balls are hairy. Fuzzy like. Mmm
            I can't even

Manscaping can help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

https://www.wildflower.org/expert/show.php?id=9851
              Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
              I can't even

Manscaping can help with that.
              I skipped right over that one. There isn't a dry-heaving emoji on here.

Comment

Working...
              X