Walnut must be rare!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walnut must be rare!!

Because man these gun manufacturers are sure making some ugly guns these days... I sure miss all of the high luster bluing and beautiful wood of yesteryear...
    It sad to see everything these days in plastic and matte black or very cheap looking wood.
    What in the heck happened????

Profit margins

Comment

Can’t answer that, but I’m with you. On a using gun vs. a showing gun though, it only makes sense to use a composite stock and some kind of finish that’s more impervious to the elements.

I still like beautiful walnut and deep blue better though !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Can’t answer that, but I’m with you. On a using gun vs. a showing gun though, it only makes sense to use a composite stock and some kind of finish that’s more impervious to the elements.

I still like beautiful walnut and deep blue better though !
        I agree with this

I had a Savage 12 BVSS in . 300 wsm with a laminate stock. Matte stainless barrel. Beautiful Beautiful rifle.
        When I went hunting I usually took my 5.56. Cause it was an AR and I didn't care if it got scratched, heck it even slid off the tool box on a side by side one time in the way to another stand. I picked it up, brushed the dust off and kept on. Heck even killed a couple deer that weekend.

I bought the Savage to replace the 5.56. I was tired off tracking pigs after I shoulder shot them.

Well low and behold I scratched the Dickens out of the stock on the Savage by the receiver. It didn't get hunted much after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
          I agree with this

I had a Savage 12 BVSS in . 300 wsm with a laminate stock. Matte stainless barrel. Beautiful Beautiful rifle.
          When I went hunting I usually took my 5.56. Cause it was an AR and I didn't care if it got scratched, heck it even slid off the tool box on a side by side one time in the way to another stand. I picked it up, brushed the dust off and kept on. Heck even killed a couple deer that weekend.

I bought the Savage to replace the 5.56. I was tired off tracking pigs after I shoulder shot them.

Well low and behold I scratched the Dickens out of the stock on the Savage by the receiver. It didn't get hunted much after that.
          You lost me using Savage and beautiful in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
            [emoji1787]You know what they say.
            Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder [emoji33][emoji56][emoji56]

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
              Yup, the word UGLY in the dictionary has a picture of a Savage rifle next to it.
              However, if you want a factory gun that is accurate, they don't get any better. I have 3 and they all shoot under .5 moa.

Comment

The gun manufacturers build what sells. The black plastic rifles are the in thing now. Man there’s nothing more beautiful than a finely crafted rifle, with a marbled walnut stock.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Yup, the word UGLY in the dictionary has a picture of a Savage rifle next to it.
                  However, if you want a factory gun that is accurate, they don't get any better. I have 3 and they all shoot under .5 moa.
                  To me, the Savage loses some of the ugly after you mount the scope, changes the lines up somehow. Then, when you shoot those tiny groups it becomes a thing of beauty !

Comment

Only a Fudd uses a wooden gun to hunt.

Argument over, Savage wins.

[emoji3591][emoji3591]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by howabouttheiris; 09-12-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

When I ordered my Fausti 28 gauge two years ago I was amazed at all the huge price differences just based on wood choice. The blanks were beautiful..[emoji180]....and I totally got it!!! I still have not put a shell in the gun, just too pretty to shoot......lol!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        When I ordered my Fausti 28 gauge two years ago I was amazed at all the huge price differences just based on wood choice. The blanks were beautiful..[emoji180]....and I totally got it!!! I still have not put a shell in the gun, just too pretty to shoot......lol!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                        I fully understand... I have a couple of late 70's Weatherby rifles like that.. If I do hunt with one it is in a soft case unless it is in the corner of the blind..
                        I can't imagine what those sticks would cost now days but they were just part of the deal "back in the day"...
                        Heck I even have a couple of older No. 1's with some beautiful pearling in their walnut.. You do not see wood of that quality in the new No.1's..

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post

[emoji3591][emoji3591]

Yea thats purdy.. It looks like something that is used to bust pipe loose in the oil feilds of west Texas.. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post

[emoji3591][emoji3591]

Sorry, but that’s a fugly rifle. Even the doe is ashamed that she was taken down with that !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Sorry, but that’s a fugly rifle. Even the doe is ashamed that she was taken down with that !
                              Understood, but you probably just didn't notice that it is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I think i read somewhere that more deer have been killed in Texas by 6.5 Creedmoor than any other cartridge ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X