Mounting a fish in hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting a fish in hawaii

So if I wanted to mount one that I catch in Hawaii, is it best to do there and send home? Or have done at home? Assuming it's an Ono(wahoo), or nice Mahi? Never mounted a fish, bit they're all replicas anyway right?

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
    So if I wanted to mount one that I catch in Hawaii, is it best to do there and send home? Or have done at home? Assuming it's an Ono(wahoo), or nice Mahi? Never mounted a fish, bit they're all replicas anyway right?
    There are plenty skin mounts out there. That being stated, eat it, take a lot of photos and measurements and get a replica made!

Comment

Replica

Comment

I vote replica as well good pics and measurements will go a long way

Comment

Take a pic and measure. Then send the info to New Wave Taxidermy in FL. They will ship to you when done. You will thank me later.

They have done a trout, redfish, mahi, and striped marlin for me so far

Comment

Thanks...just caught one

Comment

If you mount it, watch out for that dorsal fin ! OUCH!

Comment

I would just recommend that you do it and get it over with before it starts stinking to bad. You don’t want to be dealing with any wicked tuna!

Comment

Take pictures & measurements. Release or eat. Call New Wave Taxidermy in Florida. Pay $20/inch. Get awesome mount one year later.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                    Take a pic and measure. Then send the info to New Wave Taxidermy in FL. They will ship to you when done. You will thank me later.

They have done a trout, redfish, mahi, and striped marlin for me so far
                    What he said! Reproductions are the way to go on those types of fish. New Wave s also the way to go. Both Mike and/or his son will do you a jam up job

Comment

New Wave does a fantastic job.

Comment

Just make sure you choose wisely on who you pic to have do it for you. Skin mounts take a special talent and replicas take and even more special talent, not everyone can do fish.

Comment

Working...
                        X