CCL renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCL renewal

I am due to renew my CCL and don't know if there is a reason to do it. I buy very few guns from a dealer. What say the Green Screen ?

Travel to other states with it?

Comment

I will continue to renew.

I feel it shows that I put in the work to educate myself on Texas laws and how/when to properly use the tool.

J

Comment

CCL renewal

Reciprocity and buying firearms. Plus, in my experience most LEOs are a lot more comfortable and less likely to give you a ticket if you have your LTC.

Also, I have a feeling we will see quite a few businesses post signs prohibiting unlicensed carriers, but still allow LTC holders to carry.

Well worth the $40 every five years to me, so I will keep mine up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've noticed a sense of relief from LE when handing over the ltc as well...I'm sure it's somewhat reassuring knowing there was a background check.

Only formal 30-06 / 07 signs need to be acknowledged...although I'm not really certain what happens if a CC ignores an unofficial no firearms allowed sign??
          Last edited by Artos; 07-13-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

just do it, you spend more than the renewal cost on lost golf balls you old fart

Comment

What's a CCL?
              Maybe you meant CHL which has now changed to LTC

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                Reciprocity and buying firearms. Plus, in my experience most LEOs are a lot more comfortable and less likely to give you a ticket if you have your LTC.

Also, I have a feeling we will see quite a few businesses post signs prohibiting unlicensed carriers, but still allow LTC holders to carry.

100% agreed.

I'll keep mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post

This has been my thinking on this. I will probably renew. Thanks

Comment

I will keep mine current just for the reciprocity in other states as well as police interactions.

Comment

Keeping mine current !

Comment

I will renew.

Comment

I will defiantly renew

Comment

Renew, it's another form of ID when you vote.

Comment

I just renewed my LTC last month and will continue to do so. There are still some advantages as previously noted.

Comment

Working...
                              X