Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cellular game cameras ... which one to buy ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular game cameras ... which one to buy ???

Asking to see which game cameras with cellular service are the best in the market ? Pros and cons . Thank you

There is 100 threads about it……and you’ll get a ton of opinions. For the money,Tactacam is hard to beat.

Comment

Search function. This dead horse is still taking a beating.

Like said above, Tactacam is the correct answer. You will get a lot of Covert loyalist only because they don’t have a Tactacam. Nothing wrong with Covert or Spartan if you want to spend more money

Comment

2nd Tactacam, great cameras

Comment

Covert

Comment

Check out the data plan cost before deciding. Tactacam data plans suck. They have 3 choices 250, 500, or unlimited....that’s it. Their unlimited plan cost $13 for the first cam and $12 for the second cam. I can run 4 Coverts for $70 quarter (12,500 pics) or 2 Tactacams for $75 a quarter. I pay $40.75 a quarter for 2 Coverts. Doesn’t take long to make up the difference in the price of the cheap camera and a great camera.

Comment

Originally posted by keystone View Post
              Asking to see which game cameras with cellular service are the best in the market ? Pros and cons . Thank you

I’m replacing all mine. Let me know if you’re interested in some Snyper Commanders. Nothing wrong with them, just going a different direction, as I prefer to check my cards rather than have them sent to my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Covert. Tactacam is unproven and their plans will far exceed the savings on the purchase of the camera.

Comment

I have all Covert and like them. They have the best customer service.
                  I recently found a Tactacam (stores can't keep them on the shelf), but yet to put it out. I've heard nothing but good things about them so far.

Edit:^^^ Except what F-N-D said...

Comment

Spartan and RECONYX

Comment

I have coverts, tactacam, spypoint. I would like to know how coverts plan is cheaper than tactacam plans. If I run both coverts on unlimited it’s 19.99 for the first one and the add a line is 19.99 for the second one. I’m running both tactacams for 25 a month and unlimited pictures.

Comment

I have had the best luck with Spartan.

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                          I have coverts, tactacam, spypoint. I would like to know how coverts plan is cheaper than tactacam plans. If I run both coverts on unlimited it’s 19.99 for the first one and the add a line is 19.99 for the second one. I’m running both tactacams for 25 a month and unlimited pictures.
                          Because your numbers are wrong. It’s $5/month for additional cameras. If you’re paying something different, you need to call them.

I’ll use my personal scenario as an example. I run 9 coverts and pay monthly for 5000 shared pics amongst those 9 cameras. It’s $9.99 for first cam and $5 for each additional camera. That is $49.99/month

For fair comparison, I’ll use Reveals 500 pics per month(per camera) plan. That’s 4500 shared pics for 9 cameras (500 short of Covert). That plan is $8/month for first camera and $7.50 for each additional camera. That’s $68.00/month

So a monthly difference of $18.01 (I’ve left taxes out but assume Reveal would be even higher)

Yearly difference…$216.12

If I paid a yearly UNLIMITED plan for each with 9 cameras…

$888 yearly Tactacam

$719.88 yearly Covert

Yearly difference $168.12

Comment

After reading my post again I sounded like a butt hole. I did not mean for it to say any body was wrong. I need to call CovertWireless and talk to customer service again. I was told only for the unlimited plan it’s 19.99 for the add a line. Hopefully they are wrong or I’m just a idiot.

Comment

Hands down Spartan …. Used them all. RECONYX Great also

Comment

Working...
                              X