Nilgai hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilgai hunt

Looking for a Nilgai bull or cow rifle hunt. Any recommendations and ideas of cost?

Thanks
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 05-11-2021, 02:14 PM.

King ranch archery hunt seems to be the best deal. Maybe diamond c has some?

Comment

Do not use JT Safari.

Comment

I did the King Ranch rifle hunt many years ago and it was a blast !

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
          Do not use JT Safari.
          I had a bad experience with them through Kayote Outfitters. I’m interested how your experience went.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephenc View Post
            I had a bad experience with them through Kayote Outfitters. I’m interested how your experience went.
            Happy you said this, I was looking at booking with Kayote. I will avoid.

Comment

insight outdoors is who i used.
              Cody Phillips is the guy. they hunt primarily on the Yturria ranch

bulls were a little under $3k when i hunted with him and cows were $1800 unless you also hunted a bull. that included lodging, meals and guide, skinning, etc. but that was january of 2020

amazing hunt and i highly recommend it

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Stephenc View Post
                My cousin booked and I was going just for the fishing part of the “cast and blast” well yesterday (supposed to head up there this Thursday) after having the trip booked for months he text and says he hit a post with his boat and no way to get to the hunting grounds that basically a boat is a must. We asked for the deposits backs so we can try to find another hunt or a trip. He said no refund. So now if we can bring a boat we can still do the hunt.... but fishing trip is off and I’m out my deposit.

Comment

My cousin booked and I was going just for the fishing part of the “cast and blast” well yesterday (supposed to head up there this Thursday) after having the trip booked for months he text and says he hit a post with his boat and no way to get to the hunting grounds that basically a boat is a must. We asked for the deposits backs so we can try to find another hunt or a trip. He said no refund. So now if we can bring a boat we can still do the hunt.... but fishing trip is off and I’m out my deposit.
                  That’s low, his fault for the cancellation and no refund.

Comment

Heard nothing but good reviews of Kayote from fellow TBHers. JT Safaris I’ve heard lots of bad stories, and definitely avoid him.

If you don’t want to use Kayote then give King Ranch a call

Comment

That would Pi SS me off

Comment

Capt Mark Franklin has some hints outside of kingsville. He sure seems to have plenty and the prices are reasonable form what I remember. Can find him out on FB

Comment

I bought a hunt with Kayote last NOvember and went two weeks ago. Was supposed to be a two night hunt Like most have said, I never met Kayote, but I met up with a guide. We hunted with night vision and had a bull on the ground in a few hours. I think we started hunting at 10:30pm and I was back in Harlingen with a bull on ice by 3:30am

It wasnt a traditional hunt by any means but we spotted 3 nilgai several hundred yards out and snuck up to about 80 yards. He lit them up with a Q beam and that was the end.

Comment

Interesting, everything I've heard has been good, I also have a trip booked since precovid, then covid hit so he said be better to wait, this week we were booked but as said he he actually hit a dredge pipe and couldnt do trip, we went down and fished anyway and there was dredging going on and heard of other boats that's hit the pipe because it wasnt marked properly, I'm not going to get worried just yet but I would like to get the hunt done soon

Comment

Insight Outdoors is solid. Cody is a good Hombre.

Another good guide is John Todd.
                              (956) 572-4800

He could probably do a hunt then fish afterwards as he does that as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X