No announcement yet.

Removing a member from a deer lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wonder I have been a solo hunter for 98% of my hunts...my head is a 'no-drama zone' when hunting.....(literally one hunt with a friend). Make sure you RECORD this crap, on your phone or any other method. You want PROOF of what went down.....either days or years later when you know they will eventually run their mouth and try to down your rep. And also curious as the reason......was he a Biden voter ??....
    Last edited by gonzotexan; 09-10-2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      This actually happens and more than one would think... Especially on leases that allow bowhunting.. If the lease boss doesn't bowhunt there will be problems.. "Drama" is coming..
      Jealousy is a nasty trait to posess for some.
      I wasn't kidding. New guy gets on lease. He gets the old nasty thick pasture noone wants to hunt. Thats where the big deer hang out in daylight but noone bothers hunting that mess. New guy does his housework and puts in a couple killer setups. Gets deer on camera noone knew existed . Kills a monster. Find a reason to run him off. Next year owners son or lease managers dad have that spot.

I know a guy that absolutely lost 3 leases in 4 years for exactly that. He killed 4 studs though.

I know that's not the case here but it absolutely happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
        We have done it before and the last time bit us. They one who was kicked off turned around and offered the land owner (LO) more money with another group. He also told the LO all kinds off stories and we all got kicked off and he moved his group in....

Good luck
        That would suck!

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
          Do y'all have a train station on your lease?

That’s what I’m talking about

Good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
            That would suck!
            My Drama Queen tried that but I am close friends w the landowner😇

Comment

Honestly there’s a lot too this. We’re friends, but he doesn’t really listen. Once we had broken water lines and he and some guests stayed at the camp for several days with them leaking, knowing they were leaking, and didn’t fix them. They ride around all hours of the night drinking beer. We allow hog hunting with dogs RARELY and only with landowner approval before we do it. Last year they did it without telling anyone. If there’s ever a disagreement or argument between members, he’s at the center. I know this sounds weird but he’s really a good guy…its like he just doesn’t get it and talking to him just starts an argument. There’s already been some whining and season hasn’t even started. I just don’t think I’m gonna deal with it again next season.

Comment

I recently had to kick an individual off our lease. He was basically just a pain in the *****. I started out 7 years ago with a list of general rules we all followed. But every year I would have to add a rule or2 to the list because of something this individual would do. We never new what he was going to do next. Apparently the rule "Don't be weird and don't do stupid *****" didn't apply to him.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                  Honestly there’s a lot too this. We’re friends, but he doesn’t really listen. Once we had broken water lines and he and some guests stayed at the camp for several days with them leaking, knowing they were leaking, and didn’t fix them. They ride around all hours of the night drinking beer. We allow hog hunting with dogs RARELY and only with landowner approval before we do it. Last year they did it without telling anyone. If there’s ever a disagreement or argument between members, he’s at the center. I know this sounds weird but he’s really a good guy…its like he just doesn’t get it and talking to him just starts an argument. There’s already been some whining and season hasn’t even started. I just don’t think I’m gonna deal with it again next season.

Read your post and pretend he’s not your friend. I think you’ll figure out he’s really not a good guy. One of the guys I had to move was a beer drinker. I mean all the time. He got to where he’d take a six pack with him to the stand in the afternoon. I don’t mix alcohol and hunting. In my view alcohol is for AFTER the hunt and then in moderation. So the culmination was when he drank a little whiskey on top of his daily beer ration and he got mouthy with the waitress when we went to eat. Now the lady I leased from knew everyone in town and some of those people knew me, so he had to go. His wife and my wife were best friends so you can imagine the heat I took for this. I didn’t care because I was done with him…..period. Hope you get your deal worked out as easily as possible.

Comment

Trust me, you and everyone else will be so much happier when he's gone.

Comment

It’s just like firing someone. Tell them they’re fired and to pack their shot!

Comment

Life is too short to be dealing with that on the deer lease...hope it goes smoothly for you

And I’ll add, if he gets PO’ed and you lose a friend, you didn’t really have one anyways. Don’t let it get under your skin

Comment

Ideal situation would be to have a new member already lined up, then give the problem dude the boot asap along with a full refund for 2021.

He might be ******, but on the flip side he probably doesn’t want to be on a lease with a bunch of guys that don’t like him.

Comment

I don’t think I’d want to deal with that all season. If he broke the rules, run him off ASAP and refund his money. It will improve your season greatly.

I don’t like drama queens, got no time for it at deer camp especially.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I don’t think I’d want to deal with that all season. If he broke the rules, run him off ASAP and refund his money. It will improve your season greatly.

I don’t like drama queens, got no time for it at deer camp especially.

I agree whole heartedly 😎

Comment

If you are on Timber company land, you as the Lease manager have the right to NOT renew someone's membership.

I was just put in charge of the lease I have been on for a long time. Didn't really want to do it, just because of this. Our lease however, has some really good members. No drama Queens that I know of, no trouble makers, Im very thankful for the members we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X