WVU 40-40 (50.0)
    Louisville 29-29 (50.0)
    Mizzou 35-39 (47.3)
    Syracuse 20-46 (30.3)
    Maryland 16-41 (28.1)
    Colorado 23-62 (27.1)
    Rutgers 10-51 (16.4)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Now include the accolades/bowl games and such........

Comment

All senior colleges are liberal run and full of liberal professors. Big city institutions aren’t for everyone.

I’m sure my kid will change his mind 100 times for what he’d like to do professionally, since Kindergarten he has wanted to be a wildlife biologist. He starts the 5th grade in a few weeks. That being said, I would currently push him towards A&M Corpus.

I’d like to think we’d all steer our kids to go where best suited for a successful future.

I’m sure he’ll have to go to school to play school, not sports.

Comment

No. 1 overall recruit Quinn Ewers tells @yahoosports he’s “leaning” toward skipping senior HS year and attending Ohio State. Ewers could then sign NIL deals worth nearly seven figures, which aren’t allowed in Texas for high school players.

Comment

Trade school. Military.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd absolutely "push" my daughter to UT. Kids and adults need exposure to different ideas, opinions, etc. in order to be well rounded, and come to terms with their own beliefs. I went to UT with all the opinions of my parents and left with a more open mind on a lot of things; and think I'm a better person for the experience.

Most of what I learned politically is that there are reasons for the views on both sides of the table, and you're allowed to say "I'm not sure" and change your mind on things. Austin and UT played a big part in that maturity.

I think "pushing" kids to always be around people of the same mindset is taking the easy way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerslayersh View Post
              I'd absolutely "push" my daughter to UT. Kids and adults need exposure to different ideas, opinions, etc. in order to be well rounded, and come to terms with their own beliefs. I went to UT with all the opinions of my parents and left with a more open mind on a lot of things; and think I'm a better person for the experience.

Most of what I learned politically is that there are reasons for the views on both sides of the table, and you're allowed to say "I'm not sure" and change your mind on things. Austin and UT played a big part in that maturity.

I think "pushing" kids to always be around people of the same mindset is taking the easy way out.
              Do you mind sharing more about your background?

Comment

Wait so is tu in the SEC now? I have been away from this thread for a couple weeks and now am trying to sort through all the posts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleGribble View Post
                  Wait so is tu in the SEC now? I have been away from this thread for a couple weeks and now am trying to sort through all the posts.
                  They have officially applied for membership, not in yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    Do you mind sharing more about your background?
                    I think I have an idea on his parents and him. Ugh.

Comment

Geeeeeez @ some of the new callers on the Paul Finebaum show

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        I think I have an idea on his parents and him. Ugh.

Did you disagree with something I said or just doing your typical vomiting of ignorance? I promise you don’t have a clue what my background is. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
                          Geeeeeez @ some of the new callers on the Paul Finebaum show
                          Let me guess. Texas fans saying they are going to come in and immediately wreck shop?

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                            No, I will Root for Wisconsin.

Serious question. For those of you that went to TU... would you go there in today’s world or push your kids to go there?

My Dad and Uncle both graduated from Texas in the 70s. Neither would choose going to school there today.
                            Yes. All leftist issues and all. Hate to tell you the universities across the board are all far left and screwing with our youth. After Rice the degree from UT is next in value. Now if my child wanted to go to A&M because of a degree I wouldn't stop them. They are my kid and I will support them even when I know they are making a mistake. I do wish A&M would raise their entrance standards so it wasn't come one come all. I think that waters down the degree. Supply and demand so to speak. I am sure A&M has their resaons($) but Perry did the university no favors in dropping entrance standards.

Comment

College Football Summer Ramp Up...

Let the legal battles begin or at least the grandstanding

Last edited by Chad C; 07-28-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                                I may be the only Ag to say it but by the time my kids are college age I’m not sure I’d “push” them to Aggieland either.
                                How I feel exactly. I have no kids but I think across the board Universities are screwed up with the left.

Comment

Working...
                                X