Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spine Surgeon Dr. Mohr

Hi all,
    Looks like I will have to have at least a Multi-Level laminectomy. I have seen a few people and Dr. Mohr may get the nod.

I am looking for any feedback from you guys on him specifically.

Thanks in advance!

He cleaned up a herniated disc for me back in 2014. Very nice guy and his work seems to be holding up just fine.

Comment

Handy web site to review any medical doctor. If any adverse actions have been taken against them. Drugs or whatever.

Medical Doctor license lookup

Comment

Originally posted by buckerup View Post
        He cleaned up a herniated disc for me back in 2014. Very nice guy and his work seems to be holding up just fine.
        Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
          Hi all,
          Looks like I will have to have at least a Multi-Level laminectomy. I have seen a few people and Dr. Mohr may get the nod.

I am looking for any feedback from you guys on him specifically.

Thanks in advance!
          Have you had a nerve study performed? I assume you have sever stenosis and this the reason for the laminectomy?

I recommend Dr. Mark Prasarn with Memorial Herman.

If no nerve study then get one prior to surgery.

I also recommend you get the book "Back Mechanic" by Dr. Stuart McGill.

Put that book into practice for a month before you get surgery, has made a significant difference for me. I also suffer form stenosis, and a few other things going on with my back.

Comment

I am sure you have done all of your homework but I would really be cautious with hardcore back surgery like this. Technology changes so quick and now there is stem cell therapy (out of USA) that has incredible results. Only hope for the best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              Have you had a nerve study performed? I assume you have sever stenosis and this the reason for the laminectomy?

I recommend Dr. Mark Prasarn with Memorial Herman.

If no nerve study then get one prior to surgery.

I also recommend you get the book "Back Mechanic" by Dr. Stuart McGill.

Put that book into practice for a month before you get surgery, has made a significant difference for me. I also suffer form stenosis, and a few other things going on with my back.
              Listen to this man.

Comment

Not with him but, I did have laminectomy surgery done at 3 levels in September ‘19 and it was the best thing I ever did for my back. It was immediate relief & fairly short recovery time compared to other surgeries I’ve had. Best of luck with yours!

Comment

I had a laminectomy and discectomy and re herniated the same disc 10 weeks later.

I’m living through it now, next option is fusion.

Whatever you do, do you me research and do exactly what the doc says. I’m sure I over did it and I’m paying for it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

After years of chronic lower back pain and two failed back surgeries, my dad consulted a neurosurgeon at the (new at the time) Texas Brain and Spine clinic in College Station. He underwent a laminectomy, foraminotomy, and facetectomy for spinal stenosis and has been pain free now for about three years.

That said, I am a big proponent of regenerative therapies such as stem cell therapy and PRP injections, however, in the case of spinal stenosis, I have questions about it's potential for efficacy. First, in my father's case, he had a few boney outgrowths and a narrowing of the foramin; I think that regenerative therapies . Secondly, I've been told (by doctors in this field) that the most effective platelets and stem cells are those from young bodies (ideally, those still in their growth phase). So unless you have the resources to derive stem cells or platelets from umbilical cord blood or tissue, the older your tissue is, the less effective it is. Something to ask your doctor about.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                      After years of chronic lower back pain and two failed back surgeries, my dad consulted a neurosurgeon at the (new at the time) Texas Brain and Spine clinic in College Station. He underwent a laminectomy, foraminotomy, and facetectomy for spinal stenosis and has been pain free now for about three years.

That said, I am a big proponent of regenerative therapies such as stem cell therapy and PRP injections, however, in the case of spinal stenosis, I have questions about it's potential for efficacy. First, in my father's case, he had a few boney outgrowths and a narrowing of the foramin; I think that regenerative therapies . Secondly, I've been told (by doctors in this field) that the most effective platelets and stem cells are those from young bodies (ideally, those still in their growth phase). So unless you have the resources to derive stem cells or platelets from umbilical cord blood or tissue, the older your tissue is, the less effective it is. Something to ask your doctor about
                      correct on all points with stem cell therapy. You need to leave the country. Mexico, Panama or anywhere in Europe.

Comment

That said, I am a big proponent of regenerative therapies such as stem cell therapy and PRP injections, however, in the case of spinal stenosis, I have questions about it's potential for efficacy. First, in my father's case, he had a few boney outgrowths and a narrowing of the foramin; I think that regenerative therapies . Secondly, I've been told (by doctors in this field) that the most effective platelets and stem cells are those from young bodies (ideally, those still in their growth phase). So unless you have the resources to derive stem cells or platelets from umbilical cord blood or tissue, the older your tissue is, the less effective it is. Something to ask your doctor about.
                        That is correct. If you use your own stem cells, such as what Regenexx does in the US, then the stem cell count will be low, around 2500 units, not sure how it is measured. If you go with umbilical stem cells then you are looking at hundreds of thousands. None of it is covered by insurance.

If you go out of the Country then they can culture your stems cells and produce more, science stuff, and create an even larger number, this is not allowed in the US at this time, as I understand it.

I cannot recommend enough the Back Mechanic book that I suggested above. It has made a huge improvement for me in the last few weeks. I have been suffering from facet syndrome and some other issues adn almost all of the pain has gone away. I still have an issue with my right SI joint, but the spine associated pain I was having has all but disappeared in a matter of a few weeks.
                        Last edited by JES; 06-21-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Great news that your regenerative therapy treatments have ameliorated your back pain. I assume you did stem cell therapy rather than PRP. If so, from which bone(s) were your stem cells harvested and were the harvesting of your stem cells done at the same time as your infusion?

I had PRP therapy done for torn menisci in both knees about five years ago. I was having surgery in my right knee for a torn meniscus and PRP was an adjunct therapy. My plan was to follow up with surgery to my left knee six months later, but my ortho surgeon went ahead and the plasma into my left knee as well and, five years later, I have no pain in my left knee. Pretty cool how that worked.

On the other hand, I have a damaged ligament in my right foot that I treated with PRP and have only achieved about a 50% improvement in this case. Not sure if it’s due to my age or the extent of the damage. Or it may have something to do with the shoes I wear. Only my hair dresser knows for sure.

Comment

Great news that your regenerative therapy treatments have ameliorated your back pain. I assume you did stem cell therapy rather than PRP. If so, from which bone(s) were your stem cells harvested and were the harvesting of your stem cells done at the same time as your infusion?

I had PRP therapy done for torn menisci in both knees about five years ago. I was having surgery in my right knee for a torn meniscus and PRP was an adjunct therapy. My plan was to follow up with surgery to my left knee six months later, but my ortho surgeon went ahead and the plasma into my left knee as well and, five years later, I have no pain in my left knee. Pretty cool how that worked.

On the other hand, I have a damaged ligament in my right foot that I treated with PRP and have only achieved about a 50% improvement in this case. Not sure if it’s due to my age or the extent of the damage. Or it may have something to do with the shoes I wear. Only my hair dresser knows for sure.
                            No stem cell, but I investigated it.

Comment

I have had stem cell injections in one knee and one elbow. I did this out of the country. I was a candidate for surgery in both cases. Opted for the inexpensive route of an expensive shot and have no regrets. The recovery took months but I no longer have my doctor telling me to retire the bow due to my elbow. It works. It is not a miracle or super fast as the healing time is the same as any tissue damage healing but it is well documented and not snake oil by any means. It just will take a long time in this country before a dr can give you a shot and tell you to relax for a few months. Think of all the people that are not getting paid in this case....

Comment

Working...
                              X