No announcement yet.

Who's city is doing OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ve had power throughout here in Lake Worth but they just cut our water off due to the treatment plant that services us losing power.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      I would agree, Lubbock has faired well. But we are better equipped for this sort of weather so we should have done well. Surface streets were slick in spots this morning, but that is just part of ice, no different than northern cities of the same size etc
      Right, this is like our fourth ice/snow event this year. It's part of living here.

Comment

Down here in San Benito in the RGV i never lost electricity or water. Our internet comes and goes but we are doing good.

Comment

My brother who lives 3 miles from me doesn’t have water or electricity, I’ve asked them to come stay with us but he’s being stubborn. He’s going on day #3.

Comment

San Antonio on southeast side. We haven't had power or water since 2am on monday. 46 degrees in house.

Comment

Stanton, down the road from you has been okay. No power outages this way yet. Knock on wood...

Comment

I’ve had power the whole time on the east side of Pearland, but the city just issued a boil water notice and my water pressure is just a trickle now.

Comment

Our power is out in Saginaw (north side of Fort Worth). It came up for 70 minutes and died again. It was down 12 hours before that. Up 15 hours before that. Down 12 hours before that. Up and down over the 3 hours before that.
                  The water plant I used to work at has been out of power as well so our water situation has been okay but we've been asked to limit usage.
                  Does seem pretty silly for the state who produces more NG than most other states combined we can't keep power stations running.
                  But, with a Coleman stove and a few sleeping bags we're doing just fine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Burnet is good so far. Knock on wood... Watching the people lining up at the HEB for food has me a little worried. Any one in the area need meat from my freezer or fire wood, please let me know. Wish I could help with water but I have been SOL since Saturday night.

FYI Marble Falls Lowes were open till 5 today and said to call for the hours tomorrow. Lots of pvc pipe and fittings today.

Comment

Our little town of Wink is iced over pretty good but power has stayed on. I am out of town and more worried about my pipes freezing so I had the city shut off my water just in case something busted while I was gone. Praying everything is good when I get home Saturday.

Comment

We live just outside of Abilene haven’t had power since 5:30 am Monday. Was fortunate to be able to get to a friends who has power to keep the kiddos warm. Still have power at work but no water.

Comment

Given what everyone is dealing with I’m almost embarrassed to say that we have never lost power. 1/4 mile in each direction is dark but our street has been fine for some reason

Comment

I’m a few minutes outside of Edna . A lot of people have been with out power for water for 2 days . Lot of blown out transformers in town . All but one of gas stations are out of fuel . Most businesses are closed other then TSC, HEB ,McDonalds and a few convenient stores . Lot of people were not prepared food and water wise .

Comment

Here in Victoria we haven’t lost power, but as of 4pm no water anymore

Comment

I’m in Moran just north of Cisco all good here we have power and water.

Comment

Working...
                                X