Best Cell Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
    Anyone using the Cuddelink system? I've got a handful of spypoint and I'm not impressed with them at all. Picture quality blows and every time I get to 40-50% battery life according to the system the cameras turn off and quit working. The only thing that impresses me about the spypoint ins the trigger speed. It catches movement very well.

Still interested in hearing user feedback on the cuddelink system. You just have to pay for data on 1 master camera. and you can link up to 16 cameras in 4 mile radius to the master camera (allegedly)
    I use the Cuddeback system with 3 cameras running on my property. Will probably add a couple more next year, especially since it doesn't cost anything more to add a camera other than the camera itself. All run under a single plan.
    It sends decent pics and if I want better quality I can pull them off the SD card.

Comment

Another vote for tactacam reveal, the day pics could be better but they are good enough for me to ID the bucks and that's all I need.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a Moultrie 7000 back in august and it worked for 3 weeks before shutting down at 25% battery. Tried replacing batteries multiple times, would never turn back on. I gave them another chance and bought two 6000 models, one worked for a month and a half and has now quit on me. The other has been acting iffy lately. Customer support is good, but the cameras run through batteries like crazy and **** if the cameras only work for a month and then quit I may have to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          I have used Spartan, Covert, and Spypoint.

Spypoint I would not run if you bought it for me.

I sold all my coverts and now run 10 SPARTAN LTE's. $251 shipped to your door and $107 a year for unlimited pics is hard to beat. Nothing can compare to their pic quality

Those Browning pics look pretty solid above.

Those Stealtchcam pics above suck. Reminds me of my pics when cellular cameras came out 4-5 years ago
          Where are you seeing these prices? On the Spartan page, I do not even see an unlimited option. Do you only see that after you buy the camera? I am not interested in metered data but would be onboard for unlimited at 100 a year. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
            Where are you seeing these prices? On the Spartan page, I do not even see an unlimited option. Do you only see that after you buy the camera? I am not interested in metered data but would be onboard for unlimited at 100 a year. Thanks in advance!
            See my post above if you have a Verizon phone. $60/yr unlimited per cam

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
              See my post above if you have a Verizon phone. $60/yr unlimited per cam
              It’s a special deal that Spartan has with Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Spartan for the W! I don't want to jinx myself but the camera has been awesome. Reliable and quality pics

Comment

Best Cell Cam

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                  Anyone using the Cuddelink system? I've got a handful of spypoint and I'm not impressed with them at all. Picture quality blows and every time I get to 40-50% battery life according to the system the cameras turn off and quit working. The only thing that impresses me about the spypoint ins the trigger speed. It catches movement very well.

Still interested in hearing user feedback on the cuddelink system. You just have to pay for data on 1 master camera. and you can link up to 16 cameras in 4 mile radius to the master camera (allegedly)
                  I’ve used the cuddelink system and currently have a Spypoint. If you don’t like the picture quality on Spypoint you won’t like it in cuddelink either. One of the chief limitations of a LoRa system is transmission size, which means you get grainy pics sent to you. Now I don’t know if they have improved the Cudde system in the year since I used it, but the 4 remote cams I used did not successfully send a high percentage of the pictures they took to the base camera to be forwarded to me. The chief benefit I saw of the Cudde system was cost to use, which was quite good. I just couldn’t get over not getting most of the pics and got rid of it.

Last edited by Roscoe; 12-03-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                    I just got in 3 Spartans and have one running already. By far better than the others I have ran. I spent a little extra and got the Ghost Cam. This camera has a built in battery and GPS. If the camera gets stolen, even turned off or batteries removed, it will still report its location.

As some have mentioned above about the Brownings being able to swipe different delays for more pictures.
                    With the Ghost you can go to scheduled events and set up a bunch of “Batch” deliveries throughout the day. That way you’ll often get multiple pictures of the same animal passing on a trail. You can also use the Ghost in 2 or 3 pic burst mode with instant delivery. Starting with the Ghost model all pictures in burst mode are sent not just one. Neither of those are settings I use on feeders.

The new Spartan GoLive camera is pretty cool to. ;-)

Have you done any sort of external power source or direct connect solar for the Ghost?

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      It’s a special deal that Spartan has with Verizon.

I do not have a Verizon phone at the moment but I am not against getting another phone if it saves me money on cameras. I think Verizon works well at the lease as currently, my t-mobile does not and my ATT is hit or miss.

Comment

Working...
                      X