No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BigD texted me today because he had bees in his camp. I sent him the contact for Long Pest Control in Carrizo Springs, they will be there in the morning. If you're in the area call Long's!

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
      BigD texted me today because he had bees in his camp. I sent him the contact for Long Pest Control in Carrizo Springs, they will be there in the morning. If you're in the area call Long's!

Used them last week![emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They just called and are finished up. Second time in 2 years we had bad aggressive bees under our covered deck. We told them to tear it up this time if they needed so they removed some deck boards to get the honey and honey comb out. Hopefully they are gone for good this time. Never met Jim but he sure is an easy guy to deal with and very friendly. Called them yesterday evening and they were there this morning.

I haven't been to the ranch in about 7 weeks since knee surgery but I am being told it looks like a jungle. Deer are still hammering protein as fast as we can give it to them. Plan on being down there next week to replace a feeder and do some "light" work. Things should be looking awesome.

Comment

Went down to Hobson over the weekend. Was surprised at how little water was in the tank. Guess we did not get rain there like everyone else did.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            This is the 5th annual thread. It's getting that time again to start doing some shed hunting and work around our places. Post your shed findings, rut reports, feed schedules, cheap corn prices, LPD'S or anything else pertaining to hunting in South Texas. This is also a thread were we can get info for people close to your place, and maybe we can lend a helping hand if needed.

I'm in Falfurrias off 285, and usually make about 6 to 8 trips a year to the ranch.
            Im in. I have been hunting east of San Ygnacio the last couple of years. This will be my third year. I grew up hunting East Texas and hunted central Texas for around 13 years. I have fallen in love with South Texas hunting. There is so much wildlife. I work in Falfurrias and Edinburg sometimes, so make it down there quite a bit.

Comment

They have been at our place the last few years in Catarina. Aggressive suckers. I don't know if they are the African kind but they sure do hurt. We have killed the hive but they keep coming back the last few summers. Even got in hollowed out space of
              A tower blind. Don't know how to prevent them.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
                They have been at our place the last few years in Catarina. Aggressive suckers. I don't know if they are the African kind but they sure do hurt. We have killed the hive but they keep coming back the last few summers. Even got in hollowed out space of
                A tower blind. Don't know how to prevent them.

We had a hive under the deck for 2 years and never had a problem with them but one day last year, they swarmed and covered up some people at the ranch. We had them sprayed but were unable to remove the honey and comb. They were back early this year and again, not aggressive, until this week. This time they got the honey and comb so hopefully there isn't anything else for more bees to come back to. Long Pest Control told me if they don't remove the honey, another hive will most likely move in after the poison wears off.

I don't know if we get normal honey bees that aren't aggressive and then the hive is taken over by the bad ones or what.

Comment

2" in the rain gauge since Memorial Day weekend at the lease in Duval county. Grass is growing good and mesquite beans are plentiful. Time to head out and fill water troughs and trim some brush and drink a few beers

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Sure glad we got that transfer pump. It sure makes topping of the 6 water stations a lot faster.

Comment

I need to get some of those watering stations up. Just got back from the ranch today. It is super green. Couldn't even see the pens before we began shredding. Got feeders filled and cameras out. Making cotton seed delivery Monday to refill those as well.

Weather guy says we may have another shot at some scattered showers on Sunday and Monday. There is also a weak wave over the Yucatan that may end up in northern or central Mexico for later next week, so we may get some spin off showers from that.

It's shaping up to be a good year. We have a ton of young quail and the adults are paired up again. Deer are all fat and happy.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Muddy Bud; 06-17-2016, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Got back from a quick trip to ranch last friday..
                        Green as hell... ton of quail everywhere.. surrounding ranch all growing milo...
                        Goin to to a fun year

Comment

I need to make a trip down within the next 4 weeks.

Comment

TTT

Comment

Summertime has arrived 😡
                              Attached Files

Comment

So glad we had all that rain earlier in the spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X