Zero Turn Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero Turn Issue

John Deere Z335E so one of their low end models. About 5 years old. Straight forward and back is fine. Left turns are uncontrollable- left wheel locks up some and is jerky at best. Right turns are far from 100%, but better. Not sure what to look at. Drive belt has been replaced, tire pressure is fine. Any ideas?

Have you serviced the 2 transaxle transmissions yet?
    If you've gone 5 years and haven't done so, I'm guessing that's your issue.

Comment

Transaxle is a Sealed unit with no service interval as I understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
        Transaxle is a Sealed unit with no service interval as I understand it.
        10-4.....my Bad Boy requires servicing.

Comment

There should be a small rod(s) that control if you can move the mower by hand. Located on the rear close to the rear axle. I recently backed into a tight space and accidently one of the rods (left) were pushed in. No way was I able to control the left rear wheel or turning the mower. Read in the mower book this can happen so I checked that first and pulled the rod out in the operating position and was on my way again.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
            10-4.....my Bad Boy requires servicing.
            My next one will as well. I'll never buy another low end POS. This thing has been a pain since day 1 in some form or fashion just trying to avoid spending the money on a new one.

Comment

Before I got my kubota I had been given a very low end cub Cadet and even it was serviceable! Is there a fluid bottle or bottles for your drives?

Comment

In

Comment

Buddy had one and it was doing the same, he had to replace the transaxle.

Comment

Even thought the transaxles are sealed they can be serviced and even rebuilt. I did both of mine, they are pretty simple. There will be a couple of pumps and two filters and valves that will need to be cleaned.

Comment

In case anyone has the issue and finds this later, the fix was free. Well not free for me, I upgraded mowers and was determining how to list this one so I tried it. Front wheels were locked up, no idea why. Left side you could hardly turn, right side was not smooth at all. Some sort of dry powder in there and zero grease. Sandpaper, carb cleaner and some axle grease its back to like new.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
                        There should be a small rod(s) that control if you can move the mower by hand. Located on the rear close to the rear axle. I recently backed into a tight space and accidently one of the rods (left) were pushed in. No way was I able to control the left rear wheel or turning the mower. Read in the mower book this can happen so I checked that first and pulled the rod out in the operating position and was on my way again.
                        This happened to me

Comment

Working...
                        X