Tank Bow Blind Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Bow Blind Ideas

I acquired a 2000 gallon poly water tank. I’m going to turn it into a bow blind for the lease.
    Gimme some ideas on how to go about it please!?!?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a good door! Like one of those RV doors from deerview. Remember, if it’s gonna be elevated, the bottom of the windows will need to be lower than if at ground level.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ours was our old fiberglass tank that sprung a leak.

On the door. Since it is curved, draw the door out. Use a saw cut to the bottom,top and slots where you want the hinges to be on one side. Install the hinges where you cut the slots. Then cut the rest of the hinge side and other side. The door fits perfect even being rounded. No framing required.

Cut the windows out. I framed them out on the inside with cheap 1x4s and screws. I grinded off all the screws sticking out. Caulk really good around the 1x4s.

I went by the deerview window place in Mansfield, they had some odd sized extras some one didn't pick up and I got them cheap.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here’s what I did it was fiberglass, I used treated 2 x 2 For the framing on the windows used Deerview windows. I sure like to do another project like this out of a poly tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m working on one myself. Tagged for ideas.

Comment

I used 2x4’s to frame my windows in and 2x6’s to frame my door in. I put a 2x2 on each side to screw the plastic to. Used a piece of flashing on the top of each window and the door that is about 4” on one side to make a rain stop. Then spray foamed all the way around the window. Then I just made little screen windows that Velcro to the backs of the 2x4’s. Works pretty well and keeps the bugs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by bowaddict40; 09-10-2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks all for the ideas. Got a good idea on where to start.

Comment

Working...
              X