Olympic archery shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic archery shooting

Somehow I came across a video of a World Cup archery match. Question: what is that thing I have circled for? It flips down just before they release the arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably has to do with his draw length

Comment

It is a clicker. Tells the archer when to release the arrow.

Comment

Its a clicker, when that slides off the arrow it clicks and he releases the shot. That way he knows he's at the same draw length every time.

Comment

I kind of figured that. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yep. Set your shot up, begin engaging more dynamic back tension, and when it clicks, the hand relaxes to let the shot go.

Team USA was eliminated yesterday in the mixed event. Brady shot poorly, for.the number one archer in the world, and the Texas girl had some really bad shots. Pretty shocking collapse, but that's archery. Hopefully they'll have it back together for men's and women's team events.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw they were eliminated. Pretty disappointing women’s air rifle match also. Mary Tucker (#2 in the world) could only manage a 6th place finish. Very good friend Ali Weisz pulled off a 14th place finish which was about on par for her. After our London finish (gold) I had high hopes for this year.

Comment

I have been trying to find archery n shooting events on tv with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                  I think you have to use these new fangled apps for a lot of it. They can't make it easy for us old folks Billy.

Comment

The events are itemized with Roku…and a subscription. I tried to access the archery portal earlier.

Comment

Mixed final is on nbc now. Korea v. Netherlands. Amazing to me how often they hit that grapefruit-sized 10 ring at 70 meters

Comment

The South Koreans just won the gold. Great final round with one 9 and 7 bulls eyes.

Comment

still not finding it. John which NBC, local or cable? I guess I missed it

Comment

Yeah you just missed it

Comment

If you have a subscription that allows access to NBC online, you can watch replays of any coverage. Sadly, I don't. But, I had an alarm set to get up at 2:30am this morning and watch the mixed team medal matches live on NBCSN. Below is a link to the archery coverage schedule.

Watch Archery live from the 2024 Paris Olympic Games on NBCOlympics.com

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X