Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceramic Tile removal

Hey Guys,
    Looking to replace some Ceramic tile with Laminate wood. I have heard there are outfits that specialize in the removal of the Ceramic. Any recomendations for a contractor in the Houston or Victoria area? Thanks

Pneumatic chisel. Easiest way to get it off concrete. Anyone tray does flooring should be able to get tile up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I rented an electric chisel to get the tile up in my foyer. I ain’t gonna lie, it was a chore.

Comment

We did our entrance with a hammer drill and chisel. It was a pain, it also threw dust all over the house.

Comment

Pneumatic chisel is what I did as well.

I know this isn’t what the OP asked for, but depending on the size of the area, it wasn’t that hard of a job.

Comment

I wil also add that a 4 pound hammer works too. Lol. Don’t get too crazy or you may crack your slab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coolhand View Post
              Hey Guys,
              Looking to replace some Ceramic tile with Laminate wood. I have heard there are outfits that specialize in the removal of the Ceramic. Any recomendations for a contractor in the Houston or Victoria area? Thanks
              Google dustless thinset removal providers and look at their reviews. The tile removal is the easy part. Just did 1200 ft in my kitchen and laundry. NEVER AGAIN.

Comment

I think y'all missed op's intentions.....he wants to hire someone.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Several ways to accomplish depending on situation and size. Any floor guy can do it

- removing tile is typically not too bad with hammer drill and chisel

- thin set is what suuuuucccckkkkks!

If small area: hammer drill and chisel
                  Dustless grinder with shop vac
                  And I’ve cleaned 1000’s of feet like a mirror with a 4” razor scraper ( not a demo scraper… don’t waste your time)
                  Best method for larger areas is go to Home Depot and rent a floor buffer with diamond pad. Use a pump up sprayer to mist floor to HELP with dust. The dust it creates is insane but it’s super fast and for the money (about $160 a day) worth it to me. You could do 1000 sq in half a day easily

Comment

Cutting Edge Dust Free Tile Removal in Houston, Texas is a DustRam® certified company that provides you with a quality dustless floor removal

Worth every penny

Comment

Rented the air chisel (Long pole with wide chisels) for tile removal from HD when I removed all of my kitchen tile. Complete PITA and dust in every nook and cranny in the immediate downstairs area. Make sure you have a large compressor as it will run for hours.

Comment

Ceramic Tile removal

I went and
                        Bought a hammer drill and a chisel bits. I was plum whooped after removing 1500 sq/ft of tile. The tile is the easy part. Getting the old thinset off the concrete is murder!

If you can find someone to pay to do it, you will be much happier!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lol... I've done it once in my life. Once was plenty.

Wish I had a suggestion in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by coolhand View Post
                            Hey Guys,
                            As stated it’s not fun and a real mess, why not just put the laminate over the tile?

Comment

I am going to second this one:
                              Cutting Edge Dust Free Tile Removal in Houston, Texas is a DustRam® certified company that provides you with a quality dustless floor removal

You will never get all the dust out. It gets everywhere and will get in your respiratory system too. It's not cheap but you get to a point in your life where you just write the check.

Comment

Working...
                              X