SCI & TTHA completed the deal!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCI & TTHA completed the deal!!!

Been a looong time coming. Got the attachment last week but it was not made public until today. I would think more of this will be happening, primarily to hunter numbers shrinking and the duality of mission statements by soooo many organizations.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

TTHA has turned into a magazine thats not even worth buying any more. They have cut so many corners in their publication over the years. Since about 2000 it has really changed. I also get tired of seeing articles by the same 3 people over and over and magazine covers from the same single deer breeder and the only ranch that seems to advertise with them now.

Comment

I guess they mended the relationship since the restraining order last year. I like SCI but I am still confused as to why they would have any affiliation with the Buckmaster’s group.
      I hope my phone doesn’t start blowing up with Buckmaster’s advertisements.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
        TTHA has turned into a magazine thats not even worth buying any more. They have cut so many corners in their publication over the years. Since about 2000 it has really changed. I also get tired of seeing articles by the same 3 people over and over and magazine covers from the same single deer breeder and the only ranch that seems to advertise with them now.
        Word!

Comment

TTHA left the realm of anything realistic in Texas Deer hunting in the late 90s. (Just throwing a number out a LONG time ago lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They published my story this issue.

Comment

They published my story this issue.
              well I'll be glad to read something thats not from the Charco Marrano or Marty berry

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                TTHA left the realm of anything realistic in Texas Deer hunting in the late 90s. (Just throwing a number out a LONG time ago lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yep.

Used to go to the show every year. Went to every venue. Even corpus. But the magazine is just a shiny add

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I do hope that this merger will be good for both organizations. I have exhibited and written for TTHA for many years and enjoy the many relationships with great friends that I met at the shows.
                  I am not a fan of scientifically breeding deer and I know that it has adversely affected deer hunting in Texas. While I am not a fan, as long it is legal for an individual to raise deer in this matter on private property, I am not one to say that you can't do it. I also agree that the excessive ads on deer breeding hurt the magazine but if you look at the magazine over the last couple of years, the number of these ads has been greatly reduced.
                  The reason that I would like to see the TTHA survive is that it has been around for over 45 years and I hate to see anything that has to do with Texas hunting die. With a few changes, I hope to see TTHA continue to be an organization that will help unite Texas hunters.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Gary, I hope you are right brother, but I'm afraid you're livin' a pipe dream... This is no different than any other political agenda group... Just follow the money... and it's big money that has been so detrimental to Texas deer hunting... I don't see how two big money groups joining forces can possibly be "good" for Texas deer hunting, or hunting in general.

Comment

I used to read it when i was younger but it's just a big advertisement magazine now with very little new content for the most part. Haven't looked at one in years.
                      Last edited by Fmjag64; 09-14-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                        I used to read it when i was younger but it's just a big advertisement magazine now with no good content. Haven't looked at one in years.
                        Pretty much the way all magazines go.

It's too easy to quickly get your story out to everyone via the WWW. Add in that lots of folks are taking their hunts one step further by videoing and uploading to YouTube why wait for it to be published in a mag.

I don't really do instagram but that seems to be where everyone posts their pics as soon as something happens. Info just moves too quickly these days.

Comment

People still read magazines?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Yes, ironically that another product of the China Virus. Now that folks are starting to get back out, that may reverse.
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              Heck yes people still do. Maybe it’s nostalgic, but I’ve done it for the past 32 years and now my son has two subscriptions. Nothing better than reading g one in the camper by flashlight before the next days hunt. I agree on TTHA. I’m oborn and raised okie and I use to love that magazine. It’s garbage now…we’ll the last time I bought a copy. No offense intended to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X