X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copano Bay fishing pier

Questions.
    1. Are the fish biting?

2. Is this the pier along the main highway where one pier comes from the east and ends (I assume at the main channel) and another pier comes from the west?

3. Was one of these torn down?

4. If one is still open is the fishing good? Do you need to fish the end in the channel? Cost? Crowded? Cast nets I'm assuming not allowed but do they actually care?

I have the chance to go this weekend. Trying to figure if its worth the trip.

Anyone fish here recently?

Or fish the jetties in Port A?

Comment

I do believe they closed it if not tore it down several years ago.

Comment

The pier along the main hwy is gone. I think there is a new long pier in Fulton.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I have not been through there since Harvey, so I don't know, if it's still there. That old bridge/pier was mainly good for gafftop and black drum. The times I have been on it years ago. That bay from there to Goose Island St. park were good for gafftop and black drum. Goose Island pier, used to be a good place to catch lots of large specs and flounder, at night. But the last few times, we fished it, I don't think I saw a single trout caught. Mainly gafftop. Then the whole area has plenty of hardheads.

The Fulton Beach pier used to be the best trout fishing spot we ever found. We could catch 100 trout a night off of that pier. We would usually take home about 12. We would only keep 18" and larger trout, back when the minimum was 14". I have tried that pier, in the past 10 years and don't remember catching anything.

Some of the guys I know that still live there, complain about, the area being over fished. Others tell me there are still a lot of trout, in the area. I have not had time to go down there and fish, in a while.

Comment

Copano causeway piers no longer exist. For pier fishing in the area there is Fulton, Goose Island, or one of the Rockport hotels.

Comment

Bull reds should be running thick after this storm on the Port A jetties.

Comment

Working...
                X