Stolen Guns, Bow, etc. - Lubbock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen Guns, Bow, etc. - Lubbock

Some dirtbags broke into my buddy’s house in NW Lubbock on Saturday evening and stole a bunch of stuff. Please keep your eyes peeled and contact me or the Lubbock PD if you see any of it. Thanks!

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang. That sucks

Comment

Did he have them in a safe? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by CBHunter View Post

This, and were other non firearm items stolen?

Comment

Originally posted by CBHunter View Post

Most were, but it wasn’t bolted down - they recently bought/moved into the house. The thieves drug the loaded safe from the garage, through the house and back yard, then down the alley about 40 yards before loading it. One neighbor hear it happening, but thought it was my buddy and paid it no mind.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. If your buddy needs a shotgun or rifle before he starts replacing, he is welcome to anything I have. Hate a thief. I’ve been in his shoes and it sucks. My offer is sincere.

Comment

Wow, hopefully they all turn up and he gets them back.

Comment

Originally posted by HubCityThumper View Post
                  Sorry to hear this. If your buddy needs a shotgun or rifle before he starts replacing, he is welcome to anything I have. Hate a thief. I’ve been in his shoes and it sucks. My offer is sincere.
                  I do appreciate it. We have plenty of guns to get him going. The bow might be the biggest kicker right now. He’s about to head to CO with his dad and FIL for archery elk.

Thanks again!

Comment

****, that was alot to carry out. Sorry *******s.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ckat View Post
                      Most were, but it wasn’t bolted down - they recently bought/moved into the house. The thieves drug the loaded safe from the garage, through the house and back yard, then down the alley about 40 yards before loading it. One neighbor hear it happening, but thought it was my buddy and paid it no mind.
                      That is crazy. I would look first at whoever helped him move.

Comment

Originally posted by ckat View Post
                        I do appreciate it. We have plenty of guns to get him going. The bow might be the biggest kicker right now. He’s about to head to CO with his dad and FIL for archery elk.

Thanks again!
                        I've got a mathews reezen 29.5" draw with arrows ready to hunt. Has a spot hog 5 pin on it. He's welcome to take it to CO if it fits him. Have to figure out how to pick up in Arlington.

Comment

That was a lot of stuff to carry out of the house, either they had multiple guys in on the deal or took numerous trips.

There are some MeWe gun groups for the Lubbock area. I would watch those, other panhandle MeWe groups. Then Offer Up, facebook market place and if someone knows of Lubbock area facebook gun groups, watch all of those.

I was on some of the Lubbock area MeWe gun groups, I saw stuff on there often that did not look right, multiple times. I suspected guns that were posted on some of those groups were stolen, but had no reason to look into the subject.

I have found facebook gun groups, that I also suspect some of the guns on those groups are stolen guns. Too many of those deals look suspicious. I am sure some of those deals are legit, but multiple of them, look highly suspicious. If I was looking for stolen guns, those are the places I would be looking.

Whatever you do, if you find any of the guns in a pawn shop. Do not say anything, just contact local PD and let them walk in unannounced, and deal with the situation. Years ago, my step father had a pistol stolen, it was found by my brother in law, who was a sheriff's deputy in another county. He informed the pawn shop owner the gun was stolen. Then wanted to use the phone to call police. They told him he needed to wait for the police outside. By the time the police showed up, the gun was gone and they knew nothing of the gun.

Then years later I am sure I found my old 9422, that was stolen, at a gun show, I stupidly said I was sure it was my old gun. But made it clear to the guy who had it. That it had been many years since it was stolen and I did not have the serial number. I walked away from the table and came back 10 minutes later. I decided to buy the gun for the ridiculous price the guy had on the gun. He said he knew nothing of a 9422, had no idea what I was talking about. I made it clear, I was willing to pay his price for the gun. He got very rude and told me he had not had any 9422s, told me to leave.

So from past experience, do not say anything to someone who likely has one of these guns in their possession, the gun will magically disappear again. Get the police there, then walk in and point out the gun or guns.

That's a lot of guns to try and find. The bad thing is, most are handguns. Those will probably sell quickly. If it was a bunch of old wood stock, bolt action deer rifles, those would take longer to sell and would not sell on the street well.

Hopefully he gets his stuff back. If he and or other people don't keep their eyes open, and get lucky and find some of the guns, he probably won't see any of them again, at least for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                            I've got a mathews reezen 29.5" draw with arrows ready to hunt. Has a spot hog 5 pin on it. He's welcome to take it to CO if it fits him. Have to figure out how to pick up in Arlington.
                            Very nice gesture - thanks! I just heard from him… he canceled their CO trip. He didn’t feel right leaving his wife home alone with these recent events. Thanks again for the generous offer.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              That was a lot of stuff to carry out of the house, either they had multiple guys in on the deal or took numerous trips.

There are some MeWe gun groups for the Lubbock area. I would watch those, other panhandle MeWe groups. Then Offer Up, facebook market place and if someone knows of Lubbock area facebook gun groups, watch all of those.

I was on some of the Lubbock area MeWe gun groups, I saw stuff on there often that did not look right, multiple times. I suspected guns that were posted on some of those groups were stolen, but had no reason to look into the subject.

I have found facebook gun groups, that I also suspect some of the guns on those groups are stolen guns. Too many of those deals look suspicious. I am sure some of those deals are legit, but multiple of them, look highly suspicious. If I was looking for stolen guns, those are the places I would be looking.

Whatever you do, if you find any of the guns in a pawn shop. Do not say anything, just contact local PD and let them walk in unannounced, and deal with the situation. Years ago, my step father had a pistol stolen, it was found by my brother in law, who was a sheriff's deputy in another county. He informed the pawn shop owner the gun was stolen. Then wanted to use the phone to call police. They told him he needed to wait for the police outside. By the time the police showed up, the gun was gone and they knew nothing of the gun.

Then years later I am sure I found my old 9422, that was stolen, at a gun show, I stupidly said I was sure it was my old gun. But made it clear to the guy who had it. That it had been many years since it was stolen and I did not have the serial number. I walked away from the table and came back 10 minutes later. I decided to buy the gun for the ridiculous price the guy had on the gun. He said he knew nothing of a 9422, had no idea what I was talking about. I made it clear, I was willing to pay his price for the gun. He got very rude and told me he had not had any 9422s, told me to leave.

So from past experience, do not say anything to someone who likely has one of these guns in their possession, the gun will magically disappear again. Get the police there, then walk in and point out the gun or guns.

That's a lot of guns to try and find. The bad thing is, most are handguns. Those will probably sell quickly. If it was a bunch of old wood stock, bolt action deer rifles, those would take longer to sell and would not sell on the street well.

Hopefully he gets his stuff back. If he and or other people don't keep their eyes open, and get lucky and find some of the guns, he probably won't see any of them again, at least for a while.
                              Thanks - I am on the MeWe groups. Good info on what to do/not do if found.

Cops told him not to hold his breath on finding them. Even if they are recovered via use in a crime, the cop indicated that they will be “held” indefinitely as evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X