Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep nothing ew.

Comment

All of the spam calls I have been getting lately. I answer and don't say anything. I just wait. There is no recording nobody talks on the other end, after about 15 to 20 seconds, it's always the same amount of time. The call hangs up. I used to answer and say hello. Then have a recording would start playing about some great offer or car warranty. So lately I just answer and don't say a word. Then nothing on the other end, then like I said after bout 20seconds the bot, I guess it's a bot, hangs up.

Comment

other than the occasional " vehicle extended warranty " call, I don't get scam calls. Until I'm within 60 or so miles of one of the major cities. then my phone blows up and I'll get calls for a few weeks after before it stops. they seem to be scanning the cell repeaters for connected numbers and calling them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          I’ve done that before as well. But they can take a cussing better than anyone and it don’t even phase them.
          Talk about their mom or sister. That gets em cussing in about 5 different languages.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
            other than the occasional " vehicle extended warranty " call, I don't get scam calls. Until I'm within 60 or so miles of one of the major cities. then my phone blows up and I'll get calls for a few weeks after before it stops. they seem to be scanning the cell repeaters for connected numbers and calling them.
            Yes don’t get me started on the extended warranty calls.

Comment

We got more than usual yesterday. Probably 4 on the office phone and three on my cell. Wanting to lower my discover card bill that I don't have, two car warranty's, social security number was about to get cancelled, can't remember the others.

If I hear that bloop noise of the call transferring over I just know to hang up.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                If I have time I will wait for a live person and jack with them. It’s a lot of fun.
                Same here. The social security guys I (in my best Mexican accent) ask if they can get me a SS#. I tell them I wan one so bad! The extended car warranty guys I tell them I ride a bicycle and would like them to help me finance a car. It's a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                  I've got them wanting to sell me a warranty on my Audi (which I've never owned), wanting to help me with my student loans (which I don't have), and apparently the IRS is going to come arrest me. Can't block them because it's spoofed numbers. Ever had someone call you angry as heck because you keep calling them, but you never did? I'd love to strangle these scammers with their phone cord just for being so annoying.
                  What’s this phone cord you speak of ?

Comment

Originally posted by BOBSTER View Post
                    No doubt. Some how they have gotten a hold of Dena's contact list and been requesting Apple gifts cards.
                    I got text from the fake Dena asking me to call because she needed a favor that couldn't be asked over text. Deleted and blocked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                      What’s this phone cord you speak of ?
                      Dang, you're right. Don't have the good satisfying thunk of slamming the phone on the scammers anymore either.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        If I have time I will wait for a live person and jack with them. It’s a lot of fun.

I give the phone to my kids if we're in the truck going somewhere and they call! Little man will get em to hang up first asking em questions!

Usually get the click after he asks em how the weather is in Nigeria and why they sleep with goats!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          I give the phone to my kids if we're in the truck going somewhere and they call! Little man will get em to hang up first asking em questions!

Usually get the click after he asks em how the weather is in Nigeria and why they sleep with goats!
                          Bwahahahaha

Comment

Got two yesterday two different numbers saying they were with FBI and I had a warrant out and if I did not take care of it they would come get me. I just told the 1st guy I was on my cell phone could call me back on my land line. I then gave them the non emergency number to the Round Rock police department, 2nd guy I gave him the Williamson County Sheriffs non emergency number. And I still have multiple packages I guess at some Walmart somewhere LOL

Comment

I should find some wood to knock on but I havent gotten any in a few months. There for a while it was multiple a day.

Comment

I just got one from the “Geek Squad” a little bit ago, saying they were going to charge my card, push 1 to enter payment info and 2 to talk to a rep. I pushed 2, normally no one answers, but today someone did. I said who is this, he said Geek squad, but hung up not long after that when I questioned him. Wish I could reach through the phone and ring his neck!

Comment

Working...
                                X