No announcement yet.

Cellular trail cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealth cam and I use a lot of them as a biologist. Stealth makes muddy and they do well also.

Comment

Tacatacam Reveal Verizon network
      Cell signal fluctuate between moderate and low

Comment

I have a SPYPOINT and I thought mine was junk. What I found out in my last ditch effort is to spend time refreshing the firm ware. I have had it up for about 2 weeks and seems to be ok. I have an old camera next to it so I can compare in a few weeks how well it does. I looked at several Amazon reviews and I could not make up my mind. Amazon also has several brands I have never heard of.

Bottom line- jury is still out. It is nice to be sitting at the office and have some pictures to review. Just waiting for the PY buck!

Comment

My vote would be for the Reconyx hyperfine 2 Cellular. I have had many other brands including 2 Spartan cameras and they are all now useless within 1-2 years. They have resulted in lots of frustration. I sent the spartans in for repair and they came back inoperable as I sent them. The Reconyx has a 5 year warranty and incredible customer support. I get it that they are expensive, but they will last forever. You can have them updated and repaired for a reasonable price as they age. From my experience non of the other camera's can come close to Reconyx's reliability, and trigger and recovery speed. Pair it with their solar charger and you will never need to buy another battery or check them.

Comment

I run 5 Spartan cams. 4 Ghost and 1 GoLive.

I have run a lot of different cell cams over the years and these are bar none the best I have used. The utility they have is just the start of it. Pictures and videos are fantastic. Detection range, detection time.

Then you have the internal lithium battery with internal GPS. Someone steals your camera and takes the batteries out of it, you can still locate the camera via GPS on the app.

The internal lithium battery also lets you run a solar panel without any other batteries or battery box. Just plug and play. I haven’t had to touch my cameras since I deployed them back in the spring and they have taken a lot of pictures.

It was a large investment, but I will say it is one I am glad I made.

Comment

RECONYX and Spartan Go Live here is a RECONYX pic at my wife’s stand, really good quality when you receive a HD pic if not they are very grainy
              Attached Files

Comment

Ran a cuddelink system with one home (hidden) and 4 remote cameras. Unlimited subscription on pics made the numbers come out cheap per camera. Service was decent where I was at and had little issues with the cameras. They took good pics, and held up even through some exploded batteries and ant infestation. Used Yogile photoservice to have the camera email all the pics to a central online folder which made it easy to monitor. Good luck.

Comment

Has anyone tried the new Covert WC30? About half the price of the normal covert

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                    Stealth cam and I use a lot of them as a biologist. Stealth makes muddy and they do well also.
                    Thanks, good to know. Just bought a Stealth Cam Fusion X.

Comment

So far the cuddles are working great we have a home camera and a remote camera and everything works as it should

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For all of you that run the Spartan gocam do you prefer black flash or white flash? I am having a hard time finding pics or videos that show the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                          For all of you that run the Spartan gocam do you prefer black flash or white flash? I am having a hard time finding pics or videos that show the difference.
                          I have 1 white and the rest IR.

I prefer IR unless over a close protein feeder or something with not needing as much range.

Comment

I picked up a new Muddy Manifest yesterday. POS straight out of the box. It won't connect to a network. I guess will see how good their customer service is.

Comment

I bought the new Bushnell Cellu Core and put it out Friday. So far it's working pretty well and it was simple to get connected.

Comment

I’ve had nothing but trouble with SPYPOINT all summer long and finally picked up a brand new Stealth Cam Fusion X to try out. I tested it at home and everything was great. Went and set it up and a day later it needed a software update and quit taking pictures. Called customer service and stayed on hold for 30 min before hanging up. Will be going back to memory card cameras. All of these cellular models are junk.

Comment

Working...
                                X