No announcement yet.

Age Help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say he is 4/5. That is just starting to show what he will really be in another year or two

Comment

5-7 and impossible to know for sure with no history, especially this time of year. Amazing buck

Comment

5plus
        Last edited by tminc; 08-31-2021, 08:16 AM. Reason: Ms

Comment

2-8

Comment

Originally posted by Stites_Bites View Post
            First instinct was 5.5. Not much sway in his back but he’s got a solid gut on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I must be 5.5 then.... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              2-8
              I think 4-10 is a more accurate 7 year gap estimate... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                Looks to be a very healthy 5, maybe 6 year old. I like the theory that he may have been a mediocre 4/5 year old that just really popped this year. I’d let him ride this year and see what you guys got next year. He’s a big deer, but you guys have all shot big deer, he could turn into something special next year. With you already hesitating on whether you should let him walk or not, sounds like you already have your answer!
                I agree. If we are right about him being a 5 yr old, with the shape his body is in right now and frequency at this protein station, he has a legitimate chance of being a true giant in a year or two.

We have two other deer that dad and I will be hunting that are known 7+ this year. So, that helps with rolling the dice on this guy.

Comment

I saw let him go.......give us all a deer to look forward to seeing next year on this forum. Double drops, low fence, just dont get any better. And I'm saying this deer could be in the 210"+ range at 7 plus.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X