No announcement yet.

Tilt/trim issue on outboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having the same issue with my 90HP Honda currently, I ordered the relay this am after seeing this. Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
      Having the same issue with my 90HP Honda currently, I ordered the relay this am after seeing this. Fingers crossed
      The ops doesn't work from either the console or the motor switch so that pretty much eliminates the switches. What about your Honda. Do they both not work?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        The ops doesn't work from either the console or the motor switch so that pretty much eliminates the switches. What about your Honda. Do they both not work?
        Yessir, same issue from both the motor and throttle as well. I also can hear a clicking sound coming from the relay box. I ran a jumper wire straight from the battery and i have power at the trim motor. Basically power going into the relay box but not coming out.

Comment

Relays!

Comment

I bet relays!

Comment

Good grief.....3 words....Use a meter.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys thanks for the reply’s. Found the relays today. Definitely the issue. It does in fact click when I hit the trim down botton and if I tap it with a hammer it starts working. Looks extremely easy to swap out. Tbh always has the answers I need!!

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                  Guys thanks for the reply’s. Found the relays today. Definitely the issue. It does in fact click when I hit the trim down botton and if I tap it with a hammer it starts working. Looks extremely easy to swap out. Tbh always has the answers I need!!
                  Are they 2 identical relays? If so, swap them and you should have down and no up.

Comment

Mine did that had solenoid going bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X