Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Do You Get Your Sausage Seasoning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reo

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Grocery store....Fresh garlic, kosher salt and coarse black pepper...and mother nature in the form of pecan, hickory or mesquite.
      Yep...if we cannot find it at HEB, Pateks or local Shiner Meat Market, we don't need it.
      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Comment

Pendry's spices FW.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
            Yep...if we cannot find it at HEB, Pateks or local Shiner Meat Market, we don't need it.
            Pateks?
            I haven’t heard that name in years, my family is from Sweet Home

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post

Maekers is right there as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

REO German Sausage seasoning is about as good of seasoning as you can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  REO German Sausage seasoning is about as good of seasoning as you can buy.
                  I am not claiming to be sausage Jesus, but I have been making my own sausage for 30+ years and have tried several different recipes. Reo German is my favorite.

Comment

For the past 10+ years, we have been using Reo Dobesh. This year, I'd like to try something different and preferably with a bit more spicy flavor. For those that have tried the Reo German, would you say that it fits the bill?

We will be going to Allied Kenco in Houston to get the seasoning. Are there any suggestions for spicy, link and breakfast sausage seasoning?

Comment

Best dry sausage I've ever had was made with Penshorn's of Marion fresh sausage spice.

Comment

Does anyone ever use a binder?

Comment

I was in a BBQ cook off in Muenster several years ago and they give you 2 lbs of ground pork as part of the cookoff. I stripped it out of the casing and put some cavenders greek seasoning in it. stuffed it back into the casings and smoked it. I was surprised at how good it turned out. Amazingly, it placed 5th overall.

Comment

psseasoning.com just made some honey bbq brats out of a pig my son shot and it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                              Cajun Blake currently

Sierracharlie out....
                              This. I have been using his Cajun sausage and breakfast sausage seasoning for years. We love it. This year I am also trying is Italian sausage seasoning.

Comment

Look up mesquite recipes here, and then you can google places that sell spices you need. His recipes are really good, and you can modify to your liking. I buy quite a bit from the spice house online. Spice jungle and spice sage for bulk.
                                Last edited by critter69; 01-27-2021, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X