Side by side extended warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side by side extended warranty

Is it worth buying the extended warranty for a new side by side? I'm purchasing a new ranger 570 crew and on the fence about spending another $1100 on an additional 3 year warranty. Ive had mixed reviews from people ive spoken with. I have ag exempt so I get 2 year warranty from the start.

I didnt do it. All I've heard is they never cover anything under the coverage. I would not do it and do all scheduled maintenance. I just serviced my 19 1000xp today....front and rear diffs and oil change.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn’t buy one.

I did invest in the service manual though.

So far on my 17 xp1000 ranger I’ve replaced the TPS and the speed sensor. The service manual helped diagnose both issues and were fixed for a total of about $150 for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Offer 1/2 what they are asking.

Comment

If you buy a polaris ranger it's a good investment. I did and it paid off.

Comment

I was offered it when I bought my 2015. I almost did but ended up not doing it. Didn’t Have any issues in the time it would’ve covered anything.

Comment

My yamahammer came with a 3 year warranty I hope to never use

I did get suckered into the $1000 polaris warranty on my 2009 700 Ranger.
              I used it once when the fuel pump went out. ~$45 part at orielly that takes less than an hour to swap out.
              3 weeks at the dealer for them to do the job- one to diagnose even though I told them it was bad (low discharge pressure) another week to get the part in and another to replace it.

I ended up swapping that fuel pump myself a few years later.
              And then a lot more stuff after I hit 5,000 miles on it.

I'd pass and put that money in an envelope with "Polaris fix it cash" written on it.

If they didn't make money on extended warranties, they wouldn't sell them.

Comment

Extended warranties are a great deal...for the companies that sell them!

Comment

Not worth it bud. If you are even somewhat mechanically inclined and/or can watch youtube you can diagnose and fix any minor problems you are going to have in that timeframe.

Comment

Extended warranties are the biggest scam out there man! Don’t do it

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Those warranties aren't worth paper they're written on on off-road vehicles.

Comment

I got lucky on mine. VERY lucky.

No problems since but I had a $3000 repair they fixed. I have had 0 others issues in the 7 years I have owned mine

In the future on my next one I will NOT buy one

Comment

Curious myself.

Comment

I bought it on my 2014 Polaris 900 and it paid off handsomely. I had issues with rear differential, transmission, and fuel pump that all got covered. So many issues I now have a Honda Pioneer.

Comment

Working...
                              X