Outlaw crabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    They? You mean landowners that don’t want you trespassing on their land that they bought with their own money?

Whodathunkit?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. Sorry to break it to some folks, but that area along with many others has been private property for years.

In reality, there's just too many irresponsible people that can't seem to clean up after themselves. Not to mention, the litigious society we live in today. I honestly don't blame any of these landowners.

Comment

There is boat ramp in Surfside just off the intracoastal. You can either crab by the ramp or out at the intracoastal. We usually catch a few there.

Comment

The area out there by eight mile has a ton of stingrays.
        May have saved you from some hurt

There are a ton of crabs behind the RV Park in Lamarque

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
          The landowner probably got tired of all the trashy people trashing up his land. More than 1 place has been closed ,because landowners get tired of their place looking like a dump.
          I have heard this is the reason. LO used to allow public access, but they kept trashing his property, so he stopped it. Now people are cutting down LO's no trespassing sign, and still accessing it, putting other people who don't know in jeopardy of tickets, fines, etc... If people just showed a little respect, everyone would be able to enjoy the easy access. Typical case of some ruining it for all...

Comment

If you go down Sportsman Rd all the land on the left side is state owned. Its a wildlife sanctuary(well thats what my parents always told me when we were growing up). Like I said earlier about half to three quarters way down there is a little bridge that you can clean up on with some chicken necks and string.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P View Post
              If you go down Sportsman Rd all the land on the left side is state owned. Its a wildlife sanctuary(well thats what my parents always told me when we were growing up). Like I said earlier about half to three quarters way down there is a little bridge that you can clean up on with some chicken necks and string.

We went to check that spot, and I will go back with just the boys next time. The girls weren’t to hip on wading through marsh grass [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P View Post

According to OnX maps that land to the left or south of Sportsman’s Rd is all private lots. Bunch of narrow strips running perpendicular to the road.

Comment

Working...
                X