Quepos Costa Rica Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quepos Costa Rica Suggestions

We are planning to go to Quepos, Costa Rica in April for our honeymoon and I was looking for some suggestions from somebody that's been there. We are going to be fishing with John at Quepos Fish Adventure. Probably one day inshore and one day offshore.

Good places to stay?

Things to do?

Where to eat/drink?

Is it best to rent a car in San Jose and drive or fly into Quepos?

What should we expect the weather to be like in early April?

The Parador is a fantastic hotel. The staff, food, drinks, rooms, and location are all fantastic.
    I've fished with John a couple times, and have caught tuna, roosters, snook, snapper, etc.. He has a good crew, and is priced right.
    There's a lot to do there. Zip-line, atv's, rafting, kayak tours, jungle tours, dinking beer on the beach, etc..
    We've always flown into Quepos. Beautiful 20 min flight. No way I'd ever drive there. Taxis are only $5.

Comment

April should be a nice time to go. Tulemar Resort is awesome. Look at the Bamboo Villas. The only way I found out about them was from a suggestion on here. The resort is about a 10 minute taxi ride from where John's boats leave from. We had a driver that was set up through the resort take us to the resort from San Jose. It was less of a headache for me.

Comment

Driving isn't bad, just different. They use their horn they way we use or headlights. Don't get offended. They will pass almost anywhere, so be ready. People walk on the edge of the highway, even little kids. Bicycles everywhere. GPS can be an issue if you don't have cell service so download that map for the area you will be in. Nav can still work as long as you don't turn it off. Avoid driving at night or in heavy rain. I think it is the rainy season now and rains a lot at night. They don't have the reflectors on the roads and they can be hard to see at night. And they don't waste money on guardrails..

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          Driving isn't bad, just different. They use their horn they way we use or headlights. Don't get offended. They will pass almost anywhere, so be ready. People walk on the edge of the highway, even little kids. Bicycles everywhere. GPS can be an issue if you don't have cell service so download that map for the area you will be in. Nav can still work as long as you don't turn it off. Avoid driving at night or in heavy rain. I think it is the rainy season now and rains a lot at night. They don't have the reflectors on the roads and they can be hard to see at night. And they don't waste money on guardrails..
          No doubt about that. My family is from/ lives in Nicaragua and they think a horn is more important than brakes in a car.

Comment

Working...
          X