Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
    Eye of the beholder.

I see a kid on here with a spike on the ground and I consider that more of a trophy than anything 150 plus bought and paid for but I am sure to that person it is a trophy so.... back to the top.
    Agreed!

Comment

If its a trophy to you thats all that matters. Whether it's a buck with a great set of horns and a huge body or a 150lb spike or a really nice doe. Doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. If its a trophy to you. Its a trophy

Comment

Mature deer, buck or doe is a trophy in my eyes.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Trophy is in the eyes of the hunter. Trophy and record book are two different classifications or definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
            For me a trophy buck is in the eye of the hunter. Because everybody has an opinion on what a trophy should be. If he makes you happy and you like him then he’s a trophy to you.
            I agree with this if it makes you happy don't let anybody tell you any different

Comment

Anything on public is a trophy! On a lease it’s gotta be at least 169 7/8!

If your happy with shooting it it’s a trophy! We take pics with does just like the bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                Anything on public is a trophy! On a lease it’s gotta be at least 169 7/8!

If your happy with shooting it it’s a trophy! We take pics with does just like the bucks!
                I'm happy shooting pigs.
                So I guess I should shut up and just shoot one.
                I did see a nice 10 across on the neighbors side walking out the other day. About 300 yards from a blind I set up and never a pic of him.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I'm happy shooting pigs.
                  So I guess I should shut up and just shoot one.
                  I did see a nice 10 across on the neighbors side walking out the other day. About 300 yards from a blind I set up and never a pic of him.

Sounds like you know where to hunt next time!

I’m surprised you still have any pigs around with the year you’ve had!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                    Sounds like you know where to hunt next time!

I’m surprised you still have any pigs around with the year you’ve had!
                    We see then constantly. But not often at feeders right now. They are scarfing up the last of the acorns.
                    I think the rifle hunters next door have them a little spooked. They are at the feeders all night scrounging though.

Comment

Money seems to dictate “ trophy size” to many times. If you have enough money you can kill a huge animal ( or have a super hot, way younger wife lol) of what ever species you want. That is normally not discussed when showing off ones “ trophy( s)“ though. I think a 120” inch deer or even less, that was shot on public land, or many times private land with no high fences, only cost the price of the lic. is a great “ trophy “. Unfortunately we are tying to “ impress” others and that becomes what controls us. We are guys ( the majority of us) and bigger, faster, more expensive, better looking is bred into us. So I guess it really all depends on who you want to impress, and how much your willing to spend doing it. Some times we get lucky and a “ trophy” finds us with out it costing more then an average one, but that is rare, and truly a “ trophy” in my eyes. Be happy with what Gods offers you, is kinda my motto.
                      Last edited by critter69; 12-02-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                        So I guess it really all depends on who you want to impress, and how much your willing to spend doing it.

Man, that’s pretty cynical! I hope most folks don’t think that way!!!!! I could care less who I impress with any critter I shoot. And every critter I shoot with my bow is a trophy to me! It does not matter if it’s a 50#pig or a booner buck!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You don’t see many posting pictures of spikes, does, 120” deer( young kids not considered) . Cow elk, again spikes, two and three point bulls. And the reason we normally post pictures is to kinda show it off, some times to tell a story, or show how many of something we killed. Our avatars are not of small bucks or bulls which are considered non trophy by most people. We want to impress and have a wow check that out, where did you kill that thing, reaction. I am not saying any thing is wrong with it , it’s just the way we are. I to consider any pig, javelina, any elk, any deer with my bow, pistol or black powder rifles as trophy’s . But I hunt with and around a whole bunch of guys and many will look down there nose at you if you consider any of those any sort of , “ trophy”. I have even been told by a few they are in a “higher class “ of hunter then myself, because they would not ever consider shooting any thing less then a 320” inch bull, 170” buck, javelina are rats not worth wasting an arrow on, any pig that won’t top 200” pounds. And if you cant guarantee them a chance at that type of animal they don’t want to hunt with you. Now some put in a lot of work trying, and many decide to shoot something far smaller then they had in their mind, but they don’t go posting it on there face book pages, or most any other place. And many don’t even want their picture taken with them. Now if it’s a “ trophy “ they can’t have enough pictures taken, will drive miles to get phone reception to post their pictures on every available sight you can think of. And surely you don’t see small examples of deer and elk and such filling the trophy room walls, even if it’s only there for ourselves to see. And showing off the trophy room is for sure to show others what we have accomplished, I mean really it is.

Comment

Wow!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't have a trophy room. But I've killed a few 115 to 125 bucks. Killing a basket rack 8 or a cull just isn't motivating except from a meat stand point. It's kind of like shooting pigs or rabbits. Fun. A good ending to the day and meat to eat. But the rack/skull cap gets hung on a fish stringer and just hangs in the garage.
                              I can remember killing most of them. But there is a point in time where you go from just killing one is important to which one you kill is important.

Comment

I only supplement with cotton seed and texas 12 cattle mineral now. It takes a little while but sure seems to help although our soil and brush is pretty good. Surprised you couldn't get them hooked on protein. usually after 3 mths they start pounding it at least when i was ranching in kinney and jim hogg county maybe try the mineral sure cant hurt just pour out on the ground at every feed station and keep it going so it makes natural type lick mixed in with the dirt

Comment

Working...
                                X