No announcement yet.

How many bows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm definitely a believer in having 2 bows... a main bow and a back up that's ready to go in case the other one goes down. I do an Elk hunt every year and I would be ****** if I got sidelined due to a bow issue. Just this year I made my back-up and main bow the same so I can just pick up and shoot when needed.

Comment

Ive accumulated a bunch over the years and try to use them all at least once every year.

Comment

its like a young man and girls, have a stable like to kill a few with one bow then go to the next and do the same, even have a wheelie i will use occasionally if in a tight spot. the more the merrier i say. have fun...

Comment

I have about 12. Only hunt with my Black Widow. I have about 8 I need to get rid of as they are collecting dust.

Comment

I have quite a collection of hunting bows, and I enjoy owning each one of them, even if they don’t get shot as they should.
            I have found that over the years I still gravitate to one or two, and they are what I practice with the most. I consider one of them as the ‘starter’, and the other one ‘on deck’...I usually take a different one that has not been shot lately to be in the rotation....
            You won’t regret getting a backup, and especially if you buy used, you can most always get your money back

Comment

Right now main bow is Big River D/R longbow 66.5# and on deck is Kota Badlands 70.5# D-shape longbow, both throw heavy arrow with authority.

Comment

Well 2 or three, depending on how you look at it.

Elite E35

Bob Lee riser with 58# recurve limbs

or

Bob lee riser with 49# longbow limbs

Comment

Can't say because my wife may accidently see this thread.

Comment

I am fairly new to trad archery but I have 3 bows but will only hunt with 1 this fall. I need to feel comfortable with my main squeeze before I think about shooting with another.

Comment

I hunt with one bow during the season. I do have a back-up that I practice with. I have many other bows that don't get shot.

Comment

I used two different bows on that hunt two weekends ago at London Oaks. A recurve and a longbow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishing View Post
                          Can't say because my wife may accidently see this thread.
                          Haha

Comment

crossbow for still or limited walk/stalk (very heavy). Old and bad shoulder. Compound set to about 50 Lbs for walk/stalk (light weight). Would Love to get another recurve I learned on for walk as instinct is very useful to stop a running supper item when jumped at close range. Hard to get a scope or peep site quick on a fast close up. Maybe another just because someone told me I must have it

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                              I don’t have enough time to hunt with the one I have much less a second one
                              Unfortunately, this is me too right now

Comment

2 many

Comment

Working...
                                X