Turning on the feeder this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning on the feeder this weekend

Who all feeds seasonally vs. year round?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m going to start feeding on August 24th.

Comment

Starting my corn feeder next week. Trying to decide what times to feed.

Comment

Year round. In September, I will shift the feed from 1x per day for 5 seconds at 7:15pm to 2x per day @6:45am & 6:15pm for 8 seconds.

Comment

Year round. Free choice.

Comment

we feed year round. Have seen an increase in numbers since we started. The feeders are turned down during the off season, but continue to feed twice daily.

Comment

Mine have been going all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im new at this, and Im only hunting 19 acres. right now I've got 2 feeders going and have all summer. My thought was come September stop one of the feeders altogether for the simple fact of they cant be at a feeder im not hunting when im out there. Im not sure that thought process is very sound though.

Comment

We throw year round corn and free choice protein

Originally posted by jcamp View Post
                  Im new at this, and Im only hunting 19 acres. right now I've got 2 feeders going and have all summer. My thought was come September stop one of the feeders altogether for the simple fact of they cant be at a feeder im not hunting when im out there. Im not sure that thought process is very sound though.
                  I would continue to throw corn outta both of them trying to keep them coming in Incase you need to change approach or move for a different wind

Comment

Used to feed year round, but now where we are hunting we would be feeding cows and pigs all year. Gates close off our area in september, then the deer move back in for feed. Its still green in a lot of our hunting area as well. These dang cows will sleep under the feeders waiting for them to go off, then lick every piece of corn off the ground, wreck the feeders etc.

Comment

we just spin for a couple seconds year around

Comment

Originally posted by jcamp View Post
                        I'd have a camera on both, see if a target is coming to one or both and decide... you could have two separate shooters where one's pattern afternoon and another morning.... hunt accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                          Starting my corn feeder next week. Trying to decide what times to feed.
                          https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/?query=Texas

Comment

Originally posted by bjsexpress View Post
                            https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/?query=Texas

I like using this table and figure first few weekends of the season and set feeder times morning evening for those dates sunrise and sunsets.. even if later or earlier now, it'll be just right for opening day and I'll not have to adjust again between now and then. https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/?query=Texas just select your city.

Comment

It still amazes me how much daylight hours change as we rotate around the sun, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X