Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Happy New Year!

Aight folks 2017 was a success with 1781 coons taken and 2018 was a little slower with 860 meeting their demise. But... but... that is 2,641 confirmed food bills paid!.....

So lets see if we can ramp that number back up and surpass the 2018 number in 2019! ....Again we want this to serve as some motivation for helping saving those turkey and quail eggs as well as those feeder timers and solar panels..

Most of us already have our traps but in case some folks don't, I'm going to repost the pics I did last year in case somebody wants to jump into the fun. If you don't have any coon cuffs/dogproof traps, here is your motivation to go get a set or two or 10... Gun kills qualify too. Hell let's add TBHer vehicle kills as well because a dead coon is a dead coon....but don't do anything stupid trying to get one with your BF Goodrich.

When you get one or some, post your number and add it to the current running total.

Also if you don't mind, list how you got them... ie, trap type, bait used, or weapon if hunting them ....or of course vehicle kill. Listing will hopefully help some folks get and idea if they are new to it and want to start up.

We'll get after them hot and heavy this March and April and on any of our trips out west on lease work trips this summer using Duke dogproofs corn and/or marshmallows....

Good luck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	00Cuff2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	25166943

Name:	00Cuff3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	25166944

Name:	00Cuff1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	25166945

Name:	IMG_0790.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	25166946

Name:	IMG_0793.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	25166947

Name:	IMG_2173.jpg
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	25166948

Name:	IMG_3641.jpg
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	25166949

Name:	IMG_7208.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	25166950

I had a "first" back in November. I still have one feeder with a spin tech on it, and apparently they've figured it out. Feeder quit working, wouldn't spin. I brought another battery out the next time, no dice. Bought a NEW battery (tested it), put it in....no dice.

I got to monkeying with the spin tech and it wouldn't turn by hand. Upon further inspection, the little *******s had messed with it so much trying to get corn out that they wrapped enough coon hair around the motor shaft that it WOULD....NOT....TURN! Took me 20 minutes with a leatherman to get it to spin again.

I guess I need to get my traps cleaned and oiled...

Comment

Caught a big boar at the house on the 3rd peanut butter corn and Duke's. Oldest son dispatched with his Heritage.
      Got a young greedy double hander on the 4th. Youngest son dispatched with his Heritage.
      I went hog hunting at the lease Friday night. Coonzilla ate a little corn, then a round from the .243.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Duke's and peanut butter corn.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Got these two corn bandits under my feeder, lined them up and let the 308 rip through them 2fer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rudeman View Post
            Got these two corn bandits under my feeder, lined them up and let the 308 rip through them 2fer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good shooting......so...

So 4 plus 2 equals...??..
            Oh hear let me get that for you.....6..

Comment

Got it started with 2 this weekend. Dukes and corn. 8 total

Comment

Called in a 3 legged one this evening. Probably 25 pounds or so. Busted him with the .223.....that makes 9.

Comment

Add two for me. Only took one picture though. 11 total
                  Attached Files

Comment

Have taken 13 the last 3 nights with Dukes, using marshmallow with a squirt of menhaden oil.

Total 22

Comment

I have trapped with Dukes and others. Baited with juice and called and hunted with dogs and calls. Absolutely nothing works like deterrence. CoonHoods are it, you cannot be there 24/7 so take the food away! Slinkies, PVC, grease, etc are useless! Once you take away the food they leave! That simple
                      Last edited by Darton; 01-19-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                        I have trapped with Dukes and others. Baited with juice and called and hunted with dogs and calls. Absolutely nothing works like deterrence. CoonHoods are it, you cannot be there 24/7 so take the food away! Slinkies, PVC, grease, etc are useless! Once you take away the food they leave! That simple

So how do I put a Coonhood on my corn feeders??[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks for the infomercial but many of us aren’t running free choice protein. ....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          So how do I put a Coonhood on my corn feeders??[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks for the infomercial but many of us aren’t running free choice protein. ....
                          Awesome, Smart

Comment

One more last night with Dukes, marshmallow and menhaden oil.

Total - 23

Comment

Nice works gents. We're off to a good start. We will hit them hard in late Feb.

Comment

Working...
                              X