Has anyone looked at the LSBA forum lately, just sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone looked at the LSBA forum lately, just sad

Lone star bowhunters association needs to put it out of its misery.

can’t say I’ve ever heard of it...guess that’s the reason.

Comment

Never heard of it either

Comment

It’s the political voice for bow hunters in Texas. A lot of folks putting in a lot of effort to protect the rights of the rest of us. Sadly interest had faded over the years. I’m as guilty as anyone. It’s a shame.

Comment

Definitely an issue there. Is it no longer supported or secured?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            Lone star bowhunters association needs to put it out of its misery.

Perhaps if you spent as much time supporting them, as you do griping about everything thats wrong with ALL things hunting, they wouldn’t be in the shape they are in.

Comment

Main issue I have with the LSBA, there were long time founders that ran it well, then there were the subsequent board members that wanted to change to the more modern/future of bowhunting- but they clashed. Board meetings were a PITA, you cant do this, etc. Just my two cents. Been there, done it.

Comment

They have been around for as long as I can remember....in the 70’s. I remember my Dad receiving the black & white issues. It’s not an easy gig for the folks that step up to the plate to make the organization operate. Not really any other organization in the state that stands up for Bow Hunters besides them. I give those folks credit for their effort.

Comment

LSBA is one of the main reasons we have an "archery season" in Texas.

Lifetime member here.

Comment

Yow I just looked...they have been completely inundated by spam. Straight up hook up with hook— links all over that place

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                      Yow I just looked...they have been completely inundated by spam. Straight up hook up with hook— links all over that place
                      Yep, I guess Buckshot didn't even bother to look...

Comment

Never heard of it

Comment

LSBA was founded in the early 70’s and as said above, the folks that founded it and worked it are responsible for our archery season.
                          The problem I see right now is, what members are in it are east of I35 and south of I20 and members out anywhere else are not heard from or forgotten. Yes I served as a rep but every meeting or shoot or whatever was held anywhere from 3 to a 5 or more hour drive for me ir snyone else to attend. We had a banquet here in Lubbock and it was very well attended by folks up here but I had to fight tooth and nail to get it here because most deemed it TOO FAR AWAY to attend! Sound familiar? Why leave part of the state out because it us too far. Maybe having meetings and shoots 5 hours from us out here in the Plains is too far for us. We still hunt, have shoots and actually have hunting within an hour of Lubbock!
                          Right now most want to know what do we get for our money for dues. A once a year magazine if that, representation at the state level but does anyone ever hear about that?

Before you start bashing me, I am a life member, was in attendance at the very first meeting to organize the LSBA but could not afford to he a founding member due to being a poor college student but gave served as an rep for Area 79 but travel became expensive as well as the long drives.

Again. Today what does the LSBA offer a member? Serious question for those in office?

Comment

When people on TBH have never heard of the LSBA, that is not good!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              Yep, I guess Buckshot didn't even bother to look...

Nope.. I didn’t have to look.

I do know what type of jack wagon you are... never have a kind word to say, never offer prayers for people in need, never offer words of encouragement.
                              All you do is gritch about tpwd, the way hagerman is run, crossbows are the devil, you act like Whitney and Waco are your private domain . etc. etc.

Get down from your high horse, and stop acting like your the boss of everything.

Feel free to put me on your ignore list.

Comment

Working...
                              X