• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.25”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Just a conversation starter here... me an my pops we’re sitting around talking about past ranches i which I’ll ask y’all what i asked him. What’s the #1 thing you would want in a ranch outside of the deer. His answer was electricity, and mine was maintained roads! Lol curious what everyone else’s is?

#1 Good Landowner
      2 Water
      3 Thick Brush

Good roads Or Elec Have Never Grown A Big Deer For Me

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Just a conversation starter here... me an my pops weÂ’re sitting around talking about past ranches i which IÂ’ll ask yÂ’all what i asked him. WhatÂ’s the #1 thing you would want in a ranch outside of the deer. His answer was electricity, and mine was maintained roads! Lol curious what everyone elseÂ’s is?

Other game, dove, quail, turkey etc.. Have a deep hole in the river bed with bass, catfish, and perch, good clean swimming hole too. Indian camp sites with arrowheads a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
          #1 Good Landowner

2 Water

3 Thick Brush

What he said [emoji1312]

Comment

Good land owners are hard to come by. That’s actually right there with water for the deer for me.

Comment

#1 Good Landowner

2 Water

3 Thick Brush

Man can i take mine back! A good LO is worth his weight in gold!!!

Comment

Yes Sir. I dumped the best ranch I Ever hunted in one season because the Landowner Sucked. Best decision I ever Made

Comment

#1 Good Landowner

2 Water

3 Thick Brush

Nailed it [emoji106]

Comment

What are some things y’all look for in a landowner? Obviously honesty, kindness etc. what else?
                    Long term lease commitment? English speaking? Well connected in mexico?

Comment

Mexico 2019-2020

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                      What are some things y’all look for in a landowner? Obviously honesty, kindness etc. what else?
                      Long term lease commitment? English speaking? Well connected in mexico?

Willingness to improve the property (maintain house, roads, etc), and good English speaking is a huge bonus. Communication barrier causes a lot of miscommunication, and making sure they understand wants/needs. Of course a loyal landowner is a high trait to have as well.

Comment

First it Takes Commitment on Both Sides to better the ranch before the Landowner Can Be held at any Judgment. I do Not Defend The One Yr hunters or Hunters That Only Take and Make Demands but, Never Invest. The ranch must be Respected To the fullest and Treated As if it was Your own By All in a Hunting Party Before I would Ever Defend A Hunter over a Landowner. These days Most Landowner are Awesome Compared to the Old Gringo Days of Mexico. In the Old Days your season was Done The Minute You Pulled The trigger. You was Not allowed Back on the Ranch until You Prepaid for another deer or Re-leased The ranch for the Next Year. IMPO of a Good Landowner Means He respects Your Investment. That Meaning He does not Add hunters and Lease Cost on a Annual Bases, Does Not Hunt the ranch while you are Not There, and if you Have the right intention to manage, he gets involved to help Better the quality of the ranch by not Over grazing with cattle ever single Yr. Other than That They Owe You Nothing Unless you Show that your willing to invest with Him to better the ranch over time.

Comment

First it Takes Commitment on Both Sides to better the ranch before the Landowner Can Be held at any Judgment. I do Not Defend The One Yr hunters or Hunters That Only Take and Make Demands but, Never Invest. The ranch must be Respected To the fullest and Treated As if it was Your own By All in a Hunting Party Before I would Ever Defend A Hunter over a Landowner. These days Most Landowner are Awesome Compared to the Old Gringo Days of Mexico. In the Old Days your season was Done The Minute You Pulled The trigger. You was Not allowed Back on the Ranch until You Prepaid for another deer or Re-leased The ranch for the Next Year. IMPO of a Good Landowner Means He respects Your Investment. That Meaning He does not Add hunters and Lease Cost on a Annual Bases, Does Not Hunt the ranch while you are Not There, and if you Have the right intention to manage, he gets involved to help Better the quality of the ranch by not Over grazing with cattle ever single Yr. Other than That They Owe You Nothing Unless you Show that your willing to invest with Him to better the ranch over time.
                          Well said!

Comment

[emoji1373][emoji1373][emoji1373]

Comment

Nailed it again [emoji106]

Comment

Good stuff men!

I agree on the landowner being #1 for sure. With time and patience you can develop and grow big deer in most areas of Mexico. Second for me is a patient group of guys that don’t have to kill a trophy every year! I like nice facilities so a good nice house goes a long way for me because we are there a lot! [emoji16][emoji482][emoji482]

Comment

Working...
                                X