Golf club help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf club help

Needing some help and advice I don't play golf the way I was raised if you hit something 300 yards away you sent the dog to get it. My 16 year old daughter is on the golf team in high school and is needing some clubs I know nothing about them. She is about 5'2" tall if that helps.
    Needing to get her a set very soon.
    Thanks

You could go to a store and get fitted, don't have to necessarily buy clubs from them but you will have a good idea about what size clubs to get

Comment

Where are you located?

My wife has a 2nd set that she is not using.

Comment

PM, purelefty on here he will get you fixed right up!

Keep one eye on him. He is kinda sketchy

Comment

Offers clubs, club-making components, bags, carts, accessories, apparel, shoes, sunglasses, training aids, and gifts. Also trade in clubs or buy used clubs.

Comment

If she is serious about playing you need to have her fitted at a certified golf shop. Just buying off the shelf will not match with her swing most likely. Most golf shops offer free fitting if you buy the clubs from them or charge a small fee to be fitted and then you can bargain shop elsewhere. The most expensive club in the world won't help her if the shaft, lie, flex etc is not right for her swing.

Comment

I have a set she can have if you're not too far away. I'm 5'-7'' and they are knight brand with a bag and everything. I don't know if men's clubs are different than women's. I;m in Bastrop county. Let me know if you want them.

Comment

If she is really gonna get serious about it, get her fitted and get her some good clubs. I took my daughter to the PGA superstore in frisco 2 years ago and got her fitted. The guy she got that day was very helpful. I've been a couple other times and didn't feel like we got as much help. We are fixing to get her a new driver and 3 wood. I could make you a good deal on the driver she has now. Its two years old.

Comment

Hey bud. I am a professional here in Dallas and over see 16 private clubs. This is a topic that we deal with a lot trying to grow the game, especially with female golfers. Not sure where you are located. I will PM you and supply my phone number and we can have a talk if you want.

Comment

Located in Liberty. Thanks I will be getting with the ones that have pmed me.

Comment

You got some good advice here. Do it right the first time out and it will ultimately save you money and she'll very likely do better on the golf team. Kinda like buying a bow!

Comment

DEF get her fitted for clubs if she is serious about continuing the game. It would be the same thing as not worrying about your draw length and just picking up a random bow and using it and expecting to be accurate with it if you don't get her fitted

Comment

Originally posted by fowlwaters View Post
                          Needing some help and advice I don't play golf the way I was raised if you hit something 300 yards away you sent the dog to get it. My 16 year old daughter is on the golf team in high school and is needing some clubs I know nothing about them. She is about 5'2" tall if that helps.
                          Needing to get her a set very soon.
                          Thanks
                          Just saw this again. Is she still playing high school or graduated?

Comment

Before u go blow a wad of cash, need to determine realistically how good is she and what are her golf goals. If it is just HS golf team you can get away with buying some stock clubs and cut an inch off of them and regrip and swing weight. I built all of my daughters clubs from the time she was 7 till I felt she was ready for standard length mens clubs (18). We did allot of experimenting with clubs, lengths, heads, shafts, lofts, etc.

You can also buy clone/knockoffs to her specs online and get a nice playable set for a reasonable price.

BTW: Daughter just graduated from WT A&M after being on 4 year full golf schlorship, and is a 4 Time NCAA DII National Qualifier.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                              DEF get her fitted for clubs if she is serious about continuing the game. It would be the same thing as not worrying about your draw length and just picking up a random bow and using it and expecting to be accurate with it if you don't get her fitted
                              Exactly. In addition to club lengths, she may need a different “lie” of the head’s sole based on how she stands and holds the clubs.

One size does not fit all when it comes to golf clubs. She could need a different size grip diameter based on whether her fingers are a bit longer or shorter than average.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X